Plant advice for young Redfoot

RedFootTortAz

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hey everyone! I have young red foot named Morty that is approximately 2-3 inches and is a few months old. I have the little guy living in 3x5x16 tortoise table that my wife and I built. I want to add a plant or two to help maintain humidity and to make it more enjoyable for Morty. The tortoise table is indoors, but gets bright indirect light all day. In it I have two hide spots, 3 water dishes and various other decorations such as a log, some stones etc. I wanted to see what plants everyone would suggest to add that would be safe for him! Thank you in advance.

Relic

Here
Small Spider plants, Lyriopi and Pothos all do well in low light, are tough and cheap.
The tortoise might nibble on Pothos, but not much in my experience
I had two potted pothos inside my indoor enclosure to start the winter season - massive, filling nearly every square inch, side-to-side, floor-to-ceiling - a nearly impenetrable jungle. My yellowfoot, despite being well fed, ate every last green leaf and stem right down to the dirt in the pots by spring time.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Pothos, Spider plant, Boston fern, lyropi, are plants that I use. They won't last long though unless you leave them potted.

RedFootTortAz

Arizona
Thank you everyone! I planted a pothos I propagated recently in his home! It’s still in a potter and I built a mini little enclosure around it to give it time to thrive. Thank you all for your help!

Russiantortylady

Vermont
Thank you guys for the info, I know they eat a lot of plants but didn't know which ones were safe for them.............