Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Good advice here.
Substrate preferences for Russian torts vary, but people use a topsoil free of additives, cypress mulch (great stuff if you can get it), or coir. Some good sites recommend adding sand to topsoil or coir, but others have concerns about impaction or eye irritation. Many of us don't use sand.
A Powersun combination MVB bulb, for a 50gal rubbermaid, 100w would be fine. Keep it on one end so the other end is cooler.
Check out
http://www.russiantortoise.org/ (They mention sand, but again, not necessary). Great info there about lighting, food, etc.
Good for you doing your research!

tortoisefreak1

5 Year Member
Where do you take your sulcatas into the the winter?

Yeah i have checked out russiantortoise.org and a lot of my information comes from it.I think i will just test 50/50 and if i don't like it ill go to cypress mulch.

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Colorado Springs, CO
i keep them im a very large room with heaters and everything they need. im not to sure what the size is exactly. if you have any other questions feel free to PM me

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
chase thorn said:
i keep them im a very large room with heaters and everything they need. im not to sure what the size is exactly. if you have any other questions feel free to PM me

Your set ups, bot inside and out, sound great. I think you need to post some pics!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.