Planning of 2nd Annual So CA Annual TFO Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Hi, by popular request we should start planning our second Annual TFO Meeting.
Our first meeting was held at Eaton Canyon Natural Area, a Los Angeles County Park in Pasadena.
This was a nice wooded area. Spikethebest (Cory) brought Littlefoot his Galop. there was a small RF that attended. It was held late in the year November. So let’s plan this one sooner. Cory and Littlefoot are not available at this time but I am sure we can Meet and Greet and have a great time. Then perhaps plan another later in the year.
Planning that needs to be done is;
Month
Day
Time
Place

So let the planning begin.
First lets find out how far out people are and see if we can find a half way point or one that is close to half way. And if it is mid summer I suggest we have it in an air conditioned place-Pizza parlor, Resturant etc. JMO
I am in Highland, CA the base of Big Bear Mountain.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I might be able to talk myself into it if I have enough time to plan for it. I'm in Central Calif. - Fresno/Clovis area. Any day, time, month would be ok.

Yvonne

Oogie

5 Year Member
i'm in san diego...but due to give birth in september, so that month won't work for me (but don't plan around me LOL).

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Well so far we have people interested from Highland, Clovis Temple City and San Diego. Come on People lets get this list going I think If we do it indoors we could do it in June or July. Outside we would not want to go much past May. So I say Inside perhaps a nice Pizza place?
Anyone else interested in going to this meet and greet?

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I would definitely come out for the 2nd TFO meeting. I'm working in Redlands now and will be moving out here soon but I can travel wherever you all choose to meet.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Great Josh We will be neighbors :) Come on people times getting closer. Purpod are you in this year what about you chelonologist (Micheal)?

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
we will be neighbors, robyn! highland isn't very far from here at all. im excited to move out here... i like redlands

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
I would attend if it were on a weekend. I think it’s a cool idea.

chelonologist

10 Year Member!
Redlands, California
Crazy1 said:
Great Josh We will be neighbors :) Come on people times getting closer. Purpod are you in this year what about you chelonologist (Micheal)?

I'd love to get together with you guys again! My schedule has been INSANE lately , and I don't expect it to calm down anytime soon. Nonetheless, if I can fit it in, i'll be at the next SoCal TFO meeting. Just let me know when and where.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
How does June look for everyone? Any available Saturdays or Sundays?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
June works for me either Sat or Sunday would be fine. This far in advance I can just pencil it in and that day will be set.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Any time is fine for me. I just have to know in advance so I can plan around it.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
OK how does the 13th (a Saturday) of June sound to everyone? (just picked the date out of a hat)

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
I haven't made any plans in June, Unless I have to use the time share I put through interval comes up with something, if they do I have to take it or lose one year of dues.

Probably can make it, not many want to vacation that time of the year, with the exceptions of families when their kids are out of school.

muddled

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I'm a newbie but I'd definitively be interested in joining this meeting to learn more and meet new people. I'm in San Diego also! June the 13th sounds fine :D

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
June 13th works for me. Where are we meeting? Put everyone on a map and throw a dart?

Dawna

Hey my husband said I can invite everyone to Bullhead City for a TFO weekend. It would be camp status (bring your sleeping bag, and your potluck donations) but we have had like 30 people out in one weekend before. We actually had 16 people on our pontoon boat that weekend.

Dawna

Status
Not open for further replies.