Planning for the future.

FortyTwo

Location (City and/or State)
Anaheim
Hello all,

I'm here just doing some research and planning. Sometime in the near future I will hopefully be adopting a shelled baby to join the family.

A few years back I had a Eastern Hermann tortoise, I got him(her?) A few weeks after being hatched, had a little over 5 awesome years together. Unfortunately while I was away at a former job the people in charge of watching him Didn't notice that he had flipped himself over until it was too late.. I was heart broken.

Fast forward to now, and my Daughter (5 years old) saw a picture of my old shelled buddy and fell in love.

So now I'm researching and browsing the forums to get a good start. We won't be able to adopt one for a while as we are planning to buy a house in the next few months.

So here I am to learn, and hopefully make some friends while I do.

I look forward to bugging you all with silly questions. And learning form this amazing group.

-Rusty.

P.s. I know its quite a ways away, but can you recommend any breeders for Hermann's (its still my favorite). Preferably around Southern California.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know anyone on the west coast who breeds them, but @HermanniChris and @GBtortoises both do, on the east coast. Folks ship tortoises all the time. Overnight causes no harm.

FortyTwo

Anaheim
I don't know anyone on the west coast who breeds them, but @HermanniChris and @GBtortoises both do, on the east coast. Folks ship tortoises all the time. Overnight causes no harm.
I'm not completely opposed to ordering, I'm just worried about getting a sick baby due to bad breeders. From what I read about Chris, alot of people had nothing but praise so that may be the route I take.
I'm going to look into GBTortoises today. But it will still be quite some time before I'd be ready to buy.