Pio's garden..before and after

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
This is Pio's garden this week, with hardly any plants. I still have to put her stone cave back together after Spring cleaning it.
006-1.jpg

This is NOT my house!
017-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

This is last Summer. Hopefully in a few weeks it will look like this.
003-1.jpg

014-50.jpg

035-17.jpg

022-38.jpg

030-33.jpg

023-24.jpg

035-15.jpg

Tyrtle

5 Year Member
Arvada, Colorado
Can you come to my house and teach me how to do this? Or perhaps you could just adopt me? <smiles> I love it!

Zergy

5 Year Member
Valrico, FL
Oh wow! Beautiful. Can you give us some pointers? What plants do you have in there. What a lucky tort.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thank you. There's lots of ground covers. Creeping Jenny, sedum, wild strawberries, Irish and Scottish moss around the pond, day lilies, a small fig tree, a small Rose of Sharon tree, petunia's, and some portulaca's, and of course lots of dandelion. Everything in there is OK to eat, but she rarely eats any of the plants, except the Rose of Sharon flowers, dandelion, and she loves the pansies and petunia's. Usually if I feed her every day, she won't eat any of the plants. I still haven't put Solo in there. She is in a Christmas tree storage bin planted with spring mix seeds, and some ground cover.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Terry, it is always a fantastic stroll through your lovely turtle and tortoise gardens...absolutely beautiful :D

acrantophis

5 Year Member
Great pics! How many red foots are in there? If I kept another tortoise it would be a red foot. They are so sweet.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
DesertGrandma said:
Terry what did you use for the pond, and how do you clean it?
Thanks everyone.........
It's just a round pond. I used to have the stream, and a waterfall leading into a bigger pond, but it was so much work. I took everything out and put this little pond in. It's a little deep, so I put some river rocks in to make it more shallow for her. When she walks through it the middle come's right up to the top of her shell, so it's plenty big enough. I just run the hose through it and it overflows until it's clean. I think the dirty water fertilizes the plants, because they really thrive in there. I might have to put more river rocks in if I let Solo stay in with her for the Summer. They get along fine, but I still haven't decided if Solo's too small ot not.
008.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.