Pio finally outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
I finally finished planting my outdoor enclosure for Pio and Izzy. The hosta's aren't up yet, and the plants have a lot of growing to do. Today Pio went outside for a few hours and Izzy went outside for the summer. If the weather changes, she's coming in. They seemed to love it and it was the first time Pio didn't follow Izzy around at all. It was in the 80's today. The enclosure is 7' by 6'.
izzy1-1.jpg

izzy2-1.jpg

izzy11.jpg

izzy13.jpg

izzy7.jpg

izzy15.jpg

izzy8.jpg

pio1.jpg

pio2.jpg

011.jpg

BigBiscuit

5 Year Member
Iowa, U.S.
So Terry, when my wife and I buy a house, can I hire you to do our landscaping? :D

desertsss

5 Year Member
That is beautiful. I am still working on my outdoor enclosure but my cats keep using it as a toilet. I might just wait til next year to build one.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's beautiful! The turtle/tortoise are going to LOVE it. Can't wait to see when its all grown.

Yvonne

techiegrl

10 Year Member!
Hey Terry your enclosure looks GREAT! What did you use for their soaking pool? It's looks really cool :)

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Beautiful, Terry! Great job! We love making happy areas for our little friends too. We are currently working on a huge overhaul of the outdoor pens and can't wait to show everyone the progression photos. But whew, its a lot of work isn't it? Planting and digging and getting everything just right. The bowl you have is beautiful. What is it, a bird bath bowl or something? What a great focal piece for the yard. You're a bit artistic there, Terry!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Amazing enclosure Terry!
Pio and Izzy looks like they really enjoying it.
It is very nice with all the flowers and I love pool in the center.
You made a really good job :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thank you. It was a LOT of work, planting everything. I got the bowl at Home Goods...they have such beautiful yard things. It was too deep for them so I put some black river rocks in it to make it more shallow. I won't leave anyone out at night yet. U thought I would leave Izzy out, but I brought her in too. After all the plants grow...maybe. Not that there is anything here that would bother them. I am just a worry wort.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Terry, Great looking pen for Pio and Izzy. I know they love it Izzy looks so cute coming out of the hide. :) Then with a mom with a green thumb - Nothing less would do :D

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Wow Terry that's beautiful. Izzy is a savage when it comes to finding worms huh? Pio is looking very big since the last time that I saw him. How long is he now? They look very happy in their new little garden. :D

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
no raccoons or big birds where you live?
Hawks or egrets? Ravens?
Beautiful area.. you really could have a side business doing yard design...

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Laura said:
no raccoons or big birds where you live?
Hawks or egrets? Ravens?
Beautiful area.. you really could have a side business doing yard design...
Thanks...it was hard work.
I've never seen a hawk or egret (what is that?) or Raven here. I have had my pond for 20+ years and never had a problem with turtles or fish being eaten or taken. I am in a residential area. That's a scary thought. Right now the only time that they go out is when I am in my yard. I haven't let them out over night yet. Maybe when all the plants are grown and they have some hiding spots....When I see them going in their hide, I bring them in. It's still cool at night here anyway.

derf

5 Year Member
That looks so good, i love the plants and the pool bit looks really cool, i need to get a big dish thing like that.
Your torts seem so carnivorous:p

Status
Not open for further replies.