Pio finally outside...some pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledfight

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
you know i reallly just love your enclosuress, ! what do you use for you water dish is it just concrete, ?

doubledfight

5 Year Member
Arkansas
gosh terrryo , you have such a great enclosure., if only i could make mine like that. haha, :D

bluejen1313

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I'd love to add a waterfall/stream to my outdoor enclosure. With the sunken pump, are you able to keep the pond part shallow enough? I'm trying to wrap my head around it...Maybe when the kids are back in school...or I could let them "help" me. lol

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Let them help you. I always have fun when I'm "helping" my son. I handed him all the equiptment as he worked. I was his go-for. (?) The pond was over Pio's head last year so I had to add river rocks. this year I took them out and it just about covers his shell. He was sharing this enclosure with some boxies, but now that I finished my boxie garden he's alone again. He's so happy......hated those kids. LOL This picture isn't so good, but you can see he's eating his pansies. I have to keep replacing them.

047-4.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
terryo said:
but now that I finished my boxie garden he's alone again.

You've finished the new box turtle area? Where are our pictures?????

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
It still needs some twiking...I need to put more river rocks in the stream. I didn't realize it was so big. I need more plants. It won't look like too much now, but next year when the plants are established it will look much better. I'll start a new thread soon, I'm just so pooped from planting. He made the stream a little too deep, so now I really need a lot of river rocks to fill in, because it's so steep, but so far they've been OK with everything. I sat out there for a good hour watching them to make sure they didn't fall or topple over. No mishaps.

bluejen1313

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Your son sounds like a big help. My kids are 11, 9, and 5. It would be a whole different kind of help lol. Your place looks awesome!

luck102573

5 Year Member
Iowa
How long did it take you to get your moss to spread? I love the pics I may steal the stream idea..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.