Pictures Of Past Pets

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Show pics of your passed pets. I'll start with Beaver and Blubber from 1977. Beaver was our first child and Blubber was one great frog that I had before we were married.Beaver and Blubber.jpg We picked Beaver up on Fathers Day 1976 from a breeder in Deale MD. and I got Blubber from a school teacher in Ringwood NJ.a few years earlier.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Show pics of your passed pets. I'll start with Beaver and Blubber from 1977. Beaver was our first child and Blubber was one great frog that I had before we were married.View attachment 279455 We picked Beaver up on Fathers Day 1976 from a breeder in Deale MD. and I got Blubber from a school teacher in Ringwood NJ.a few years earlier.
Here is mine and my husband's first dog. His name was Digger. Right after we had our son he died.. he was the sweetest dog ever. If I could I'd bring him back. 03000042.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My favorite kitty, Molly. She wasn't very old when she got sick and had to be put to sleep. Very hard to have lost this one:

Molly 01-04-13 b.jpg Molly 8-20-12.jpg Molly.jpg

One of her more endearing qualities was that she played fetch. I would crumple up a piece of paper and toss it across the room. She'd chase after it and bring it back to me so I could toss it again.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
My favorite kitty, Molly. She wasn't very old when she got sick and had to be put to sleep. Very hard to have lost this one:

View attachment 279468 View attachment 279469 View attachment 279470

One of her more endearing qualities was that she played fetch. I would crumple up a piece of paper and toss it across the room. She'd chase after it and bring it back to me so I could toss it again.
Awh she was a beautiful kitty. I'm sorry you lost her. I can't believe she played fetch. That is just amazing.

Sleppo

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
This is our little girl Maddie, we lost her back in 2016 after having her for 8 years, we rescued her from a puppy mill. She had a multitude of health issues being a brachycephalic dog, the biggest was a collapsed larynx which she lived her last 2 years breathing out of a stoma after a tracheotomy. She was the best dog, always under foot and knew when you needed her. She was as loyal as they come.

IMG_6226.jpg

Sleppo

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Show pics of your passed pets. I'll start with Beaver and Blubber from 1977. Beaver was our first child and Blubber was one great frog that I had before we were married.View attachment 279455 We picked Beaver up on Fathers Day 1976 from a breeder in Deale MD. and I got Blubber from a school teacher in Ringwood NJ.a few years earlier.

That's the biggest frog I've ever seen! What an odd couple!

Len B

10 Year Member!

View attachment 279468 View attachment 279469 View attachment 279470

My youngest son just adopted a cat with the same colors and markings.

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
This is our little girl Maddie, we lost her back in 2016 after having her for 8 years, we rescued her from a puppy mill. She had a multitude of health issues being a brachycephalic dog, the biggest was a collapsed larynx which she lived her last 2 years breathing out of a stoma after a tracheotomy. She was the best dog, always under foot and knew when you needed her. She was as loyal as they come.

View attachment 279478

Bless her.

I now have a french bulldog puppy and I do worry about the brachycephalic breeds.

Sleppo

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Bless her.

I now have a french bulldog puppy and I do worry about the brachycephalic breeds.

Frenchies have the best demeanor! Given the hurdles we had with her I’d still rescue another. I’m sure you’ve already read this but a few pointers, no collars just harnesses the pressure on their wind pipe isn’t good over time. Keep them cool and don’t let them over heat. They are really are little clowns, enjoy your little one!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
This is Webster, a six lb ball of energy who liked to swim, even in the ocean! He died in 2003 after developing dizziness, weakness, and loss of balance. I think it was a brain problem. He was 12.
WEBSTER_CLOSEUP.jpg

And this is Tinker. We were at a campground, and she would visit other rigs, make herself comfy, then come home. One morning we let her out as usual at 7:30 AM, but she never came home for her afternoon nap. Some folks said a coyote got her, but I don't think so. I think someone took a fancy to her, and just took her with them when they left the park. She was so sociable.Tink for stationery.jpg

Brody Slabs 1.jpg

And finally, this was Watson (we still have Sherlock) We adopted him from a shelter, at least some teeth had fallen out, and he was at least 10 years old. We only had him for 3 years, when he became overheated in our little motor home, and it was to much for his damaged little heart.
IMG_2779.jpg

Attachments

• Brody Slabs 5.jpg
    Brody Slabs 5.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 0

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
This is Webster, a six lb ball of energy who liked to swim, even in the ocean! He died in 2003 after developing dizziness, weakness, and loss of balance. I think it was a brain problem. He was 12.
View attachment 279499

And this is Tinker. We were at a campground, and she would visit other rigs, make herself comfy, then come home. One morning we let her out as usual at 7:30 AM, but she never came home for her afternoon nap. Some folks said a coyote got her, but I don't think so. I think someone took a fancy to her, and just took her with them when they left the park. She was so sociable.View attachment 279502

View attachment 279501

And finally, this was Watson (we still have Sherlock) We adopted him from a shelter, at least some teeth had fallen out, and he was at least 10 years old. We only had him for 3 years, when he became overheated in our little motor home, and it was to much for his damaged little heart.
View attachment 279498

Hey Karen

That is exactly what happened to Iggy, he developed Dizziness, loss of balance etc. We were told Brain Tumour was most likely. It was so distressing to see him like that and I was quite selfish keeping him going. I wouldn’t make that mistake again.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
IMG_4049.jpg
IMG_4048.jpg

The black Daschund is Jake. I bottlefed him as a newborn puppy when his mother died during birth.
He lost a battle with Leukemia at 16 years. he was my first child and happy and playful old man till the end.

The white lab is Daisy Mae! I got her as a puppy and she lived to be 13. We had to put her down first Monday (8-5) of this month due to a resistant form of Staph. She was a diva dog her whole life and thought she belonged in a gold castle:)) She did!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I don't know why the text didn't come through for Brody...he was naturally obedient, and knew what I wanted. He was a rescue dog from a shelter (as were some others). He was around 2-3 yrs old when we brought him home in 2005.
In 2011, I was walking him, on leash, when my neighbor's pit bull, known to be dog aggressive, was let out of her car unrestrained.
She instantly attacked Brody, putting her teeth into his soft belly and then picking him up and violently shaking him.
Her owner tried to get her off him, but she was determined and kept pulling loose and going back for more.
When the owner finally got her away, Brody had been ripped apart, and died in my arms a few minutes later.
I still cry when I remember how useless I was. I stood at the end of his 6 ft leash and was rooted to the ground, unable to move.
It was by far the most brutal event I have ever personally witnessed.
Here's my boy...Brody Slabs 5.jpgBrody Slabs 1.jpgBrody jump 4.jpg

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hey Karen

That is exactly what happened to Iggy, he developed Dizziness, loss of balance etc. We were told Brain Tumour was most likely. It was so distressing to see him like that and I was quite selfish keeping him going. I wouldn’t make that mistake again.
Our vet said to try to keep him going. She said sometimes they pull through, and have a few more good years. She said it was a neurological problem, but never mentioned tumor.
It wasn't long (maybe a week?) til he lost consciousness, and died in my arms.
I'm so sorry about Iggy! A traumatic experience for us all. [emoji22]

Len B

10 Year Member!
I don't know why the text didn't come through for Brody...he was naturally obedient, and knew what I wanted. He was a rescue dog from a shelter (as were some others). He was around 2-3 yrs old when we brought him home in 2005.
In 2011, I was walking him, on leash, when my neighbor's pit bull, known to be dog aggressive, was let out of her car unrestrained.
She instantly attacked Brody, putting her teeth into his soft belly and then picking him up and violently shaking him.
Her owner tried to get her off him, but she was determined and kept pulling loose and going back for more.
When the owner finally got her away, Brody had been ripped apart, and died in my arms a few minutes later.
I still cry when I remember how useless I was. I stood at the end of his 6 ft leash and was rooted to the ground, unable to move.
It was by far the most brutal event I have ever personally witnessed.
Here's my boy...View attachment 279522View attachment 279523View attachment 279524
That's horrible and very sad. It's not that hard to socialize a dog to act like a normal dog around other dogs and not be aggressive towards them.