Pictures of my dark Greek

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlemom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Berthoud, Colorado
Here's some pictures of Bowzer. Can you tell what kind of Greek he is and if he is overly dark?
DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Hi,
Bowser is a Jordanian greek, Testudo graeca ssp. He doesn't look overly dark to me. :)

Danny

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
that is a unique color for a tortoise! is it my computer screen or is he really almost an orange-brown color?

turtlemom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Berthoud, Colorado
Thanks Danny. I thought he was a jordanian greek, too. I'm glad he doesn't appear too dark to you guys, which means I probably didn't sunburn him under the too-close bulbs! It's strange tho, but everyone in the family thinks he was lighter until this summer. The last photo of Bowzer out in the pasture was dated 5/28, and I really could not tell any difference in his head and leg coloring then compared to the rest of the photos taken today.

Thanks!
Donna

Thanks Josh. Bowzer's shell does look orangey to me in the indoor photos, too. I think the last picture of Bowzer outside might be a better representation of his coloring. What's the color range on jordanian greeks?

Maybe he's going to be a pumpkin for halloween! Little stinker . . .

Donna

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
They range from light to dark. I have a very light colored male, a dirty yellow, to an almost black male and female.
All tortoises tend to darken up when put outside. They produce more melanin when outside.

Danny

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Bowser is a Handsome looking boy. I have one with the orangey coloring of the shell and skin and yes his skin has darkened but only slightly since being outside for a couple of years. My all Jordanian Greek male has always been dark and his shell is darkly marbled. But Bowser is a great looking greek.

Status
Not open for further replies.