Pictures of Fernando in the rain, in the kitchen and my birthday cake (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Every morning we open up Fernando's doghouse and after a while we will find him out in our yard eating. Well it's been raining here for a few days now and it hasn't stopped him at all. He still goes out and stands there in the rain eating. This morning though it was raining pretty hard so I picked him up and brought him back to his heated doghouse and had my son take out some lettuce for him. He sat inside the doghouse on his pig blanket and ate his lettuce. I'm in love with this tortoise, he is about the cutest I've seen (not counting Dale, Ruby and Eddie :D :p). What a personality Desert Tortoises have, they are too cute. :)

DSC01952.jpg

DSC01959.jpg

DSC01953.jpg

DSC01954.jpg

A couple of weeks ago we brought Fernando in our house because it was raining then too and I figured he needed some company. He roamed around the kitchen for a while and then found his hiding spot.

DSC01938.jpg

DSC01942.jpg

I had a birthday not too long ago and my son and his girlfriend made me this tortoise cake. Too adorable.

DSC01895.jpg

Notice the little dandelion by it's mouth.

DSC01891.jpg

They put a little crack in the shell just like Fernando has.

DSC01886.jpg

The cake was so good.

DSC01921.jpg

And last but not least one of our pug Spencer after the boys got a hold of the Christmas stuff.

DSC01946.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your cake-maker is very talented.

2943847ckv4ysc9uy.gif

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
Awwww, what a cute tort and Pug :) Cool cake I gotta make that next year ahah!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Oh Candy...I'm speechless!! You have an amazing family, and what a great son to go through all that to make that wonderful cake. Wow!! You should have sent a picture to Good Housekeeping before you ate it. It would have been on the cover. And Fernando....what can I say. I am in love with that tort too....I wish....
I hope you had a wonderful, happy, birthday.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Awww Candy!
Fernando is so gorgeous, I am sure he has an amazing personality (as Dale, Ruby and Eddie of course ;) ). You son and his girlfriend form a beautiful couple, you must be so proud! And WOWWW the cake is amazingggg and it looks delicious too :D! Spencer is a real cutie with Santas hat :D lol I love pugs!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Great pics! Fernando is adorable :) He is lucky to have found his forever home with you!
That cake is amazing!
Spencer is adorable :) There is no way my dogs would wear a Santa hat for a picture ;)

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
How fun is that cake! They did a great job!! Fernando is one handsome dude, seems like alot of the torties on TFO love the rain! Thanks for sharing!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thanks everyone. Yes I was thrilled with the time that was spent to make the cake since they said they had to watch the program "Cake Boss" to be able to do it. I thought that was very sweet of both of them. Fernando's been going out in the rain everyday this week. I have to go and get him and bring him back to his enclosure because he gets so far out in the yard that I'm not sure if he knows how to get back to his doghouse or not. :D After I put him inside yesterday he went back out later on and I didn't know that. I found him hiding under a chair in the rain. :( He's a trooper that's for sure. :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
What an awesome cake and even more awesome son and gf to go to the trouble!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
CANDY a Christmasbaby huh ? ,,,,, Now the name makes since ...:p

Very cool cake ..... Happy Belated B day ......

Your DT is not in hibernation now ? ......
JD~:)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Actually I'm a Scorpio JD (November 21st). :D My name was given to me by my father who was standing in the lobby waiting for me to be born and there he saw a Candy machine, hence the name, Candy. :p I love it myself. :) No I'm not hibernating Fernando this year. I have a doghouse outside with a pig blanket and a heat emitter in it. He stays all nice and warm in there and comes out just like your Redfoots in the day to eat. So far so good.

Thanks all of you I will pass on the compliments about the cake to my son and Miranda his girlfriend. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.