Pics of the skilled rehome Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
MICHIGAN
ok...hers some pics before bathtime of the russian I picked up today from CL on the skilled rehome post earlier...Let me know what you think Please so i can care for his problems properly..(sorry not the best pics)

Also let me know if you thinks it male or female ( i am thinking male)

Attachments

• photo[1].JPG
    photo[1].JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 156
  • photo[2].JPG
    photo[2].JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 138
  • tort.JPG
    tort.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 125
  • tort2.JPG
    tort2.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 109

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
for some reason the pictures don't open for me

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Strange, they loaded fine for me.

I don't know enough to tell you what special care he needs... Just that he's definitely a (well-endowed!) male and his shell is definitely deformed (which was already obvious, lol). Good luck, and kudos for taking him in!!!

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Pics work fine for me as well.

Hopefully some people will chime in for some help.

Maybe take some brighter pics tomorrow though? They definitely came out very dark.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
I soaked him last night...He is very active!!! so thats a good sign..I will by a rock this weekend righth now i have a piece of tile in there for him to eat off. Any specific greens you recommend?

Hes very sweet...Check out my other post as well on male or femal for my russian and my Leo as well and give me your imput there on male or female.

Thanks for the imput and the help everyone! Hopefully you wil be able to down load the pics. I cant fina another way to upload them i wil try again tonight maybee use a different camera.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
His shell looks too small for his body.

It's good he has a better home now.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
Yeah...were gonna try to get him where he needs to be with everyones help. I have a vet appt for him tommrow.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
Im feeding him green leaf, red leaf, romaine, some collard. I mix it up.. i also give him some spring mix every one in a while...I will get some pumkin to...I have lots of shopping to do LOL...Everyone is a while i will give him some fruits and veggies and a treat..but not two often.

I just wanted to know if he needed anything different.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
The pictures finally load for me, his beak could definitely use a trim, he does not look to bad to me, looks like some minor shell rot(old) on the bottom of his shell, but that was probably from his previous life in the mountains of afghanistan. and definitely looks male to me long tail held to the side, and watch his fruit and vegetable intake no more than once or twice a month, I used to feed carrots but switched to squashes, right now pumpkin is in season.

M

Maggie Cummings

Russians like weeds rather than grasses. His problem is that he is fatter then his shell. I have one that is worse then him. I would make sure you don't feed him too much and that he gets lots of exercise. His body probably won't ever fit his shell. Mine is still pooching out of her shell and I only feed her every other day. Her name is Fat Nat and yes she is. Anyhow, here's a link to a good Russian site for you so you can learn about your new guy...

http://www.russiantortoise.org/

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
Thanks everyone im going to ake what everyone has said here and put it int effect. any other thoughts keep em coming

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
So some updates on the skilled Russian....So we have named him Houdini since he has escaped from his enlosure 7 times. LOL...hes an active little Guy.

Took him to the Vet...the vet said its not the worse he has seen gave him a shot of vitamins, and told me to stick to strick diet and feed every other day. But said other that his shell deformities and weight issues seems ok. So thats good news!

Just thought i would give everyone the update. more pics to come soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.