Pics of my Torts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastoise

5 Year Member
Here is a few pics of my russians. The first three are of Eugene, I got him at a local pet shop in march, he's a little over four inches SCL. He was in a tank with a redfoot and a greek. I didn't know that was bad until I got him home and found this site. He was infested with pinworms, but I got that taken care of with panacur, and he's healthy and doing great now. The last three are Katja, my female russian. She is just over five inches SCL and came from PETCO. She was very healthy with no parasites and had a decent setup at the store, it seemed like they were taking good care of her, and the care sheet they gave me was pretty much right on with what this site recommends. I got her about a month after I got Eugene. They are housed separately indoors but share an outdoor enclosure some of the time when the weather is nice here. Eugene has not reached maturity yet and they ignore each other when outside together, but will go into the same hide at night and sleep right next to each other, even though other hides are available. Oh, and in the first picture of Katja she has a little panacur on her face, I ended up giving her panacur just in case she had come into contact with pinworms from Eugene. I didn't really know how to give it to her and ended up giving her a phantom of the opera mask, haha.

Attachments

• 156.JPG
    156.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
  • 039.JPG
    039.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • 076.JPG
    076.JPG
    965.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • 145.JPG
    145.JPG
    917.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 146.JPG
    146.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 53

bud

5 Year Member
Beautiful. Do you plan on breeding them in the future?

Blastoise

5 Year Member
I would like to try and breed them someday. I'm probably gonna get another female this fall, so maybe when they are a little bigger I'll try and breed them, could be a few more years yet, maybe next spring, I'm not really sure how fast they grow.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
East Bay area
They look great! I love my Russians, so much personality in such a small package!

alben909

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Yuciapa,CA
They are very beautiful. I hope you plan on breeding them because if you don't ill come over to your house and do it myself:p:D:p:D. Jk

Status
Not open for further replies.