Pics of my past ratties *pic heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
I wanted rats for years when I was growing up, but my parents always said no :rolleyes:
My junior year of high school I came home from school and found that my brother's roommate wanted me to watch his rat for the summer. "Agatha" lived in a small plastic cage the size of a shoebox, on cedar bedding, eating bird seed :( The cage was so small that she couldn't even stand on her hind legs.

agbogstripe.jpg

Long story short he let me keep her, and I adopted two friends for her from a rescue.

Fiona
FionaStand.jpg

FionaAggie3.jpg

Aggie after her tumor removal (on my mom's shoulder, HA! She won her over ;))
100_1430.jpg

Daisy and Fiona
100_1806.jpg

Aggie passed away after she had a stroke, and Daisy passed away shortly after. I adopted Scarlett and Robin to keep Fiona company.
Robin (Robin Hood...get it? a hooded rat? ha)
100_0551.jpg

100_0572.jpg

Robbie all grown up
9fc2f1e5-1.jpg

Scarlett protecting her sister...Scarlett was very timid but she would always climb on top of Robin when they were out of their cage.
protect1.jpg

Robin was my last remaining girl and she passed away last year. I miss the little monkeys!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Oh Katie they're just precious pictures to look at. You did have a few didn't you? I'm glad that they find good homes from good people like you. I didn't even know that there were rescues out there for rats...good to know. I love the one of the two of them sleeping together, that' my favorite. :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I'm starting to LOVE rats! All these pictures that people are posting of their rats are so great, and really made me change my way of thinking about them. How long do they live?

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Ours would last 2-3 years, then get a tumor or something else and die. :(

I just loved "Dog" and Geesh and the others. I got tired of having to be so careful with the cats around, so we stopped keeping rats, but I ALWAYS recommend them to kids who want a hamster or a gerbil. I tell them to get over the tail, and then they will be captivated by their rats' spirited personalities and intelligence. They make wonderful pets, and if the parent ends up doing all the animal care, they will know it won't last a long time, like it would for a dog or cat...

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
I Didnt know herps and rats were buddies ..... " slitherrrrrrr grin" =:>)~~~

RussianRookie

5 Year Member
NorCal
AW so adoreable! i see you use a Martins cage correct? i have a 695 for my two girls. Ill have to post all my past/current ratties :)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Yep, I bought a Martin's cage after I found out I could keep Aggie. I bought the R-670 because I was only planning on getting her one friend...and I was young at the time, and poor :p
According to the cage calculator it fits something like 2.33 rats :p
Next time I will buy a bigger one- I would love the Ruud! ;)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Beautiful rats Katie, Seeing all those rat pictures makes me really want one, now I just have to find a way to convince my fiance lol :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.