Picky Eater - Tough Love or...?

Sheldon the russian tortoise

5 Year Member
I tend to favor the gradual weaning methods, but hunger is your friend in this situation. Sometimes the gradual weaners try to hold off eating anything for a few days. I am a very stubborn person and much of my daily life centers around convincing animals to see things my way. If I wasn't good at it, I'd be broke. (I'm not broke...) I try to do it the "nice" way, but one way or the other we are going to do it "MY" way.
My way or the highway lol

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Update: I've been out of town and my boyfriend has been in charge of trying to convince Vern to eat healthy.

A sign that things may not be going well is the fact that my boyfriend told me just a couple of days a part that he hates filaree, mushed Apple, sedum, collards, chard, radicchio, spinach, kale, and rose petals, but that he did enjoy a plate of blackberries, a wrap made out of nori (sushi seaweed) mazuri and overripe peach and "just a bite" of hot dog and refried beans. (Dear boyfriend, stop giving the pets your leftovers)

Sounds like he is getting a bit desperate to make him eat if you ask me. He's still drinking and eating fruit but struggling with anything green, even when blended with fruit.

Im interested to see how he weighs in when I get home Monday.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Hello all, after a 5 day hunger strike of Vern only eating blackberries off the vine I am doing a happy dance. He ate about 6 leaves of Romaine. Granted I had to rub a hot dog all over them, but these are the first greens I've seen him eat intentionally since he came to me over a month ago. Unfortunately I pushed my luck by offering a strip of collared greens and he caught me and quit.