Pickles and Crusher

Reptilony

Location (City and/or State)
QC, CAN
Crusher will every now n then, but now that you mention it, it’s not near as often... how are yours doing??

She still does it, but only when soaking and she doesn’t look bothered, she just does it kind of a routine...Right now her weight go up and down in the 60’s. I hope she goes 70g by 5 months!

Reptilony

QC, CAN
First I tought mine was very small for it’s age because I miscalculated her age but she still has 1 1-2 week to go before 5 months and weighs between pickles and crusher so I feel much better about her growth. She is actually a bit younger than yours. But what I find the most interesting is that all our babies are(if you compare to others) on the very small side for their age. So having a comparison is even more important.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Thank God I was blessed with healthy children because I have friends with premature babies that celebrate every gram of weigh gain. It’s beautiful when they turn into little chubby giggling babies [emoji847]

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
First summer time in 12 years I’ve had weeds in my yard [emoji849]. All cuz of Daisy, but she gets fresh picked salads every morning at 5:15 to 6 am... if I’m late, she looks pissed off and is sitting in her food dish [emoji849]

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Thank God I was blessed with healthy children because I have friends with premature babies that celebrate every gram of weigh gain. It’s beautiful when they turn into little chubby giggling babies [emoji847]

lol that’s totaly me, Im guilty of using the scale everyday and getting happy when I see one more gram...Can’t wait to have a chubby baby

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
View attachment 250071
Just now, after thunder storms...

Thunderstorms?? I’ve got to google Addis... I travel all of North La & a little of the south daily.. don’t know Addis though. Mine were way more active outside today than usual.. I thought it was because I took them out earlier in the day instead of evening like I normally do.. maybe they know something I don’t:) either way, it’s hot n sunny here! Headed to Sarepta later for Muddy bottoms atv Park:) could use a little rain I bet.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
First summer time in 12 years I’ve had weeds in my yard [emoji849]. All cuz of Daisy, but she gets fresh picked salads every morning at 5:15 to 6 am... if I’m late, she looks pissed off and is sitting in her food dish [emoji849]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] ditto! My lights come on at 5:30 and they are looking for their food by 6!!

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
I’m waiting for her to finish grazing so I can put her in enclosure and cut grass lol.. there are like 4 disturbances in Atlantic and Gulf, need to stock up on beer and gas for generator [emoji51]

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Husband had food surgery a week ago and goes back next Wednesday to get our stitches and take off bandage... then it will be at least a week after before going back to work, has to past fit test with chemical plant nurse

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
First I tought mine was very small for it’s age because I miscalculated her age but she still has 1 1-2 week to go before 5 months and weighs between pickles and crusher so I feel much better about her growth. She is actually a bit younger than yours. But what I find the most interesting is that all our babies are(if you compare to others) on the very small side for their age. So having a comparison is even more important.

You are right!! Don’t we all have dry started babies? I had went back to the messages between myself and the guy I bought from and saw where I was instructed to keep them dry and warm! I’m so glad I found this sight. It has really made a huge difference in my whole life. Now I’m confident that I’m doing a good job. It’s awesome to see these babies thriving even if they are a bit smaller. Mine will actually be 5months on the 10th. I tend to count by weeks so it gets confusing but the hatch date was 4/10.. so we could actually have siblings :))

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I’m waiting for her to finish grazing so I can put her in enclosure and cut grass lol.. there are like 4 disturbances in Atlantic and Gulf, need to stock up on beer and gas for generator [emoji51]

Definately! Don’t skimp on the beer.. add a couple bottles of wine and we will pass the time very quickly

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Husband had food surgery a week ago and goes back next Wednesday to get our stitches and take off bandage... then it will be at least a week after before going back to work, has to past fit test with chemical plant nurse

Well I’m sure you will be glad when that’s over!! I know the employer physicals are the toughest cause they want to make sure they don’t end up paying workers comp! Wishing him a speedy recovery so you can get some peace time:)

Reptilony

QC, CAN
You are right!! Don’t we all have dry started babies? I had went back to the messages between myself and the guy I bought from and saw where I was instructed to keep them dry and warm! I’m so glad I found this sight. It has really made a huge difference in my whole life. Now I’m confident that I’m doing a good job. It’s awesome to see these babies thriving even if they are a bit smaller. Mine will actually be 5months on the 10th. I tend to count by weeks so it gets confusing but the hatch date was 4/10.. so we could actually have siblings :))
mine is 4/9...definitely siblings lol! It does look like they where all dry started. It's crazy they where born at the same time! Right now her weight is staying at 67g. How about you?

Last edited:

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
mine is 4/9...definitely siblings lol! It does look like they where all dry started. It's crazy they where born at the same time! Right now her weight is staying at 67g. How about you?

Where did you say you got yours? I weigh every Tuesday so tomorrow I’ll update but last week was 69 & 62... their weekly gain has increased a lot over the past 3 weeks. I think we are outta the woods now!![emoji33][emoji847]