Pickles and Crusher

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Just wait until they are yearlings. Mine went from 1458g on Aug 8 to 1655 on Aug 25th. She didn’t poop in her soak tonight so it will drop a little tomorrow but holy moly she is growing.
Oh wow! Thats crazy! Im anxious to see how big they grow. You're only suppose to chart their growth monthly, right? Because of fluctuations? I measured Pyps length last night, hes 2 3/4". I didnt measure Karsi yet due to her pooping issue lol. I have no idea how old they are though :( I got them in the beginning of August.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Oh wow! Thats crazy! Im anxious to see how big they grow. You're only suppose to chart their growth monthly, right? Because of fluctuations? I measured Pyps length last night, hes 2 3/4". I didnt measure Karsi yet due to her pooping issue lol. I have no idea how old they are though :( I got them in the beginning of August.
Once a month is great. They all grow at different rates. Tibby stays outside all day and grazes and also eats a full stone’s worth of food.
Tibby was 1385 on July 28th and 1655 on Aug 25th.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Thank you! If you wanted I could see if I could upload the chart I made if you'd like to see or print for yourself :) While Im talking to ya, hows the shell saver going? I was thinking of getting of trying it. Do you still recommend it?

I would love that !!!

I’m a big fan of the Shell Saver! I won’t say I’m recommending it, but I will say that I will definitely continue to use it. I have decided to stop the experiment and am now using it on both my torties... the difference I saw was huge and seemingly in favor of the product..

Emily Contreras

Arizona
aw how cute.. My tort is BARLEY starting to get more lines in his shell. (like the darker lines between the scutes.) love your torts! have fun with those babies! Your grass looks good! Thats going to be a great home when they get bigger!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
aw how cute.. My tort is BARLEY starting to get more lines in his shell. (like the darker lines between the scutes.) love your torts! have fun with those babies! Your grass looks good! Thats going to be a great home when they get bigger!

I got plenty of room for sure! and I’m kicking around the idea of doing a private rescue for adult Sulcatas. (No breeding) !! I’ve promised myself that I would wait and watch and research for at least a year before I made a decision though. It just really chapps my butt at the lack of thought that people put into getting these babies. It seems to me that the adults are highly abused by simple negligence... anyway, (sorry about the rant) how old is your baby now? Post me a new pic please.. I love to see them:)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Crusher:)

Attachments

• IMG_8478.jpg
    IMG_8478.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8502.jpg
    IMG_8502.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 42

Reptilony

QC, CAN
I got plenty of room for sure! and I’m kicking around the idea of doing a private rescue for adult Sulcatas. (No breeding) !! I’ve promised myself that I would wait and watch and research for at least a year before I made a decision though. It just really chapps my butt at the lack of thought that people put into getting these babies. It seems to me that the adults are highly abused by simple negligence... anyway, (sorry about the rant) how old is your baby now? Post me a new pic please.. I love to see them:)
That's a fantastic idea. 100% support you!

Emily Contreras

Arizona
Wow that would be awesome! You'd for sure get alot of support and torts. I have never seen a tortoise rescue. And I would love to see one!

My baby is about 3 weeks old. Heres some old pictures because hes chilling right now. :cool::) Hes not any bigger, his shell just has alot more color now!saturnbab.JPG INUAYEIDUILIDHuadadwawdaefea.JPG my alien.JPG satturrrnnn.JPG

Pennsylvania
I have to say Crusher looks like hes got a lot of ego lol. Ive always wanted a tortoise but didnt know how much personality they have until I got mine. My uvb fixture stopped working and I had my head in the tank trying to fix it today. My tort, Pyp, came stomping over and looked at me. Decided to grab my hair and tromp off to the other side of the enclosure. I had to coax him to let go lol.

I didnt forget about uploading that chart for you Ellie! I havent gotten to my computer yet between two jobs, two kids, two tortoises and the other list of animals we own lol.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I completely understand!! That’s hilarious that Pyp ran off with your hair [emoji23]... crusher is definitely the more outgoing of my two... he will confront anything and seeks out attention.. Pickles is just the opposite despite outgrowing him.. lol

Pennsylvania
I completely understand!! That’s hilarious that Pyp ran off with your hair [emoji23]... crusher is definitely the more outgoing of my two... he will confront anything and seeks out attention.. Pickles is just the opposite despite outgrowing him.. lol
Pyp knows theres food coming when he sees me lol. My scale came today! Karsi is 74g and Pyp is 80g and 2 3/4" length. I cannot for the life of me get Karsi's head in her shell to measure her. Shes being so stubborn about it lol. Pyp doesn't take much to get him in but Karsi is NOT about the wall at all lol.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
That’s sounds healthy!! I weigh mine every Tuesday! I am outside with them now and when we go in I’ll soak and then weigh. The last measurement I got was 2-3/4” also but mine don’t cooperate at all so I think as long as they are gaining weight, I’m not even gonna try:)

Pennsylvania
I have no idea how old they are :/ But I was actually surprised at the weights!!

Here's the charts I made. You're more than welcome to use them! I made them into PDF files :)

Attachments

• NameInfoSheet.pdf
    235.3 KB · Views: 7
  • MedicalSheet.pdf
    21.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Light Sheet.pdf
    22.9 KB · Views: 7
  • GrowthChart.pdf
    22.8 KB · Views: 9

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Oh thank you! I’ll have to open them on my computer later.. My guys are 20 wks today. I know they weren’t started properly so I’m just super happy with the steady weight gain!

Pennsylvania
I don't think mine were started properly either because he gave me all the wrong information. Your torts look great!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Wow that would be awesome! You'd for sure get alot of support and torts. I have never seen a tortoise rescue. And I would love to see one!

My baby is about 3 weeks old. Heres some old pictures because hes chilling right now. :cool::) Hes not any bigger, his shell just has alot more color now!View attachment 249609 View attachment 249610 View attachment 249612 View attachment 249615

He’s super cute!!!

Do a search for the thread on the turtle conservatory... a couple of members here visited and posted some amazing pics.. it was almost like getting to go:)

Bambam1989

East Texas
He’s super cute!!!

Do a search for the thread on the turtle conservatory... a couple of members here visited and posted some amazing pics.. it was almost like getting to go:)
Warning, my tort likes the smell of coconut oil and always trys to eat it.. which means my fingers, the jar, and the towel if I'm not careful.