Picking up 2 CL Russians on friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastoise

5 Year Member
Just got off the phone with a woman moving to florida, she's selling me her two RT's for fifty bucks! One male and one female! She's had em for about five years. They are going to the vet next week and I have two large cages set up for em already. They look a little neglected, but not the worst i've seen. More pics on Friday when I get em home. Oh, and she said the male was the LARGER one, I have a feeling he's been bullying the female and not letting her eat.

tort1.jpg

tort2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. They don't look to bad at all. Maybe a little long of a beak, can't really tell for sure.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Wow what a small cage, the one needs a beak trim.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Thank goodness you are getting them. The aquarium is ridiculous!
They certainly look alert.
Glad you are going to keep an eye on how they get along (or not).

Yay!

Blastoise

5 Year Member
I'm dissapointed. I got an e-mail from the woman selling them and she decided to give them to a family member. I emailed her back and told her about russiantortoise.org and that she should have the new owner check out the husbandry info on that site. I also gave her my number in case they decide they don't want them. I ended up going to a pet shop here in Milwaukee to look at their tortoises to cheer me up. There's one here with huge sulcatas, big redfoots, leopards, elongated, greeks etc. They rescue a lot of big tortoises that owners don't want anymore and do the best they can to care for em. They had three russians, and they were all HUGE females, the biggest russians i've ever seen! My camera died right before I could take pics! They were 180 each, I'm either gonna save up and buy one of those, or try and get two females at the chicago reptile show in october. I'm trying to start a small breeding colony. I'm not counting on eggs for 2-3 years at least.

jwhite

5 Year Member
west milwaukee,wi
So you're the one who got them. I was emailing her to tell I wanted them when she told me they had been taken. I tried to get the single female also, but that one went first.

Blastoise

5 Year Member
No Jwhite, I didn't get them. I was supposed to get them, but then she told me she gave them to a family member. I'm probably gonna buy one from Hoffers now.

jwhite

5 Year Member
west milwaukee,wi
Sorry to hear that. Those were the lowest priced russians I saw in a long time and they looked pretty good for the way they were being kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.