Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
jasso2 said:
look awesome i also adopted a redfoot but......i believe its a yellowfoot cause of the scales above the nose. plus the head is pretty yellow but arms and legs are red. i should post up a pic so yall can help me out.

Redfoots heads are yellow/orange unless they are I believe Brazilians. Im sure you have a Redfoots if the leg scales are red. ;)

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
jasso2 said:
look awesome i also adopted a redfoot but......i believe its a yellowfoot cause of the scales above the nose. plus the head is pretty yellow but arms and legs are red. i should post up a pic so yall can help me out.

Do the 'nose scales' [ on the yellowfoot ] cover the nose like this Jasso2?..

newredfoot4.jpg

Whereas the redfoot has the nose scale..

PaulsDDhead.jpg

"arms and legs" colors can and do vary on both species. Nose scales are sometimes the best/only way to determine which species.

nerd

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
ur right redfoot_nerd its the second pic. it is a red foot then. thanks.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Well back to the same place I picked this one up tomorrow to meet up with someone who took in a young Redfoot from someone who was keeping it in a cardboard box in their garage. So I am picking this one up as well. What is it with this area? All but 1 of my redfoots have come from this area. lol Im talking a 3 block radius.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
wow, that's quite a coincidence to find them all in the same area! i'm glad you're there to rescue them!!!!!!!! hope the new one looks okay!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Good for you Anja. What would happen to all these poor animals if there was no one to rescue them....

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Well Im afraid they are going to flake on me again, like they did on Tuesday. Its a 96 mile drive one way and Im glad I didnt go ahead and drive down then. I wont leave today without confirmation from them and a phone number. Ive asked for the phone number twice now, as they asked for mine in case they got stuck in traffic. I emailed again last night and asked them to confirm that we are meeting today and again for a phone number. Nothing back so far this morning.

Rainblood

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Valhalla
Lets see...200 miles @ $4.00/gallon....hmmm...roundtrip comes out to $800 bucks? Hows my math :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Rainblood said:
Lets see...200 miles @ $4.00/gallon....hmmm...roundtrip comes out to $800 bucks? Hows my math :D

You always seem to have to pay more for a "free" tortoise. LOL!

Yvonne

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Indeed, well the guy JUST emailed and is leary of giving his number out. I would have needed to leave an hour ago to meet him so I think Im just going to say to heck with this one. lol It would have been roughly a little less than half a tank for me, so about $45 in gas.

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
Hey Aj, was this the one from CL? Hope you still get her/him...maybe on their dime for the travel. hmmm hope it wasnt some prank.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Iluvemturts said:
Hey Aj, was this the one from CL? Hope you still get her/him...maybe on their dime for the travel. hmmm hope it wasnt some prank.

It was the one that you sent me. He was just a little too flaky to me. We had originally planned to meet Tuesday afternoon and of course I didnt get a confirmation then either. Im giving up on this one, Im not going to chase him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.