[Pic] This little baby will be here Wednesday!

grandlinegirl

So excited that I'm finally getting my little tort. The breeder is bringing him Wednesday since he'll be in town.

12203_10207835933192557_1324305156028132235_n_zpsj3ihiodg.jpg

I'm trying to get everything set up and dialed in. So far I've got a 50 gallon rubbermaid with a hole cut in the top for the MVB. The thermometer I have isn't very acurate and hasn't gotten past 84-86 beneath the bulb but I have 2 acurites coming today and hopefully they'll take better readings.

Sub is ecoearth. I've got 2 temp hides made out of upside down tupperwear with a hole cut for the tort to get in and out. I'm going to put a little bit of moss in them to make them humid hides.

I don't have a water dish yet. So far all the terracotta dishes I've found have high walls. We're in the midst of a blizzard so I' not sure I can really go shopping today. Is there anything else that can work? The sides aren't terribly high but I'm worried about tipping...

I also don't have any plants yet. I can't find any that are organic and pesticide free in my small city. I'm going to try growing some stuff but I haven't started yet. I'm a little worried since I am horrible with growing things... Might have to get some fake plants just for cover for the little one.

I might also have to pick up a CHE. My house is pretty chilly but the acurites will tell me that...

I just hope I can get the temps and stuff down before he/she comes!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
How exciting for you. Have you picked out a name for the little one?

I use clay plant saucers and I sink it down into the substrate.

yillt

So excited that I'm finally getting my little tort. The breeder is bringing him Wednesday since he'll be in town.

12203_10207835933192557_1324305156028132235_n_zpsj3ihiodg.jpg

I'm trying to get everything set up and dialed in. So far I've got a 50 gallon rubbermaid with a hole cut in the top for the MVB. The thermometer I have isn't very acurate and hasn't gotten past 84-86 beneath the bulb but I have 2 acurites coming today and hopefully they'll take better readings.

Sub is ecoearth. I've got 2 temp hides made out of upside down tupperwear with a hole cut for the tort to get in and out. I'm going to put a little bit of moss in them to make them humid hides.

I don't have a water dish yet. So far all the terracotta dishes I've found have high walls. We're in the midst of a blizzard so I' not sure I can really go shopping today. Is there anything else that can work? The sides aren't terribly high but I'm worried about tipping...

I also don't have any plants yet. I can't find any that are organic and pesticide free in my small city. I'm going to try growing some stuff but I haven't started yet. I'm a little worried since I am horrible with growing things... Might have to get some fake plants just for cover for the little one.

I might also have to pick up a CHE. My house is pretty chilly but the acurites will tell me that...

I just hope I can get the temps and stuff down before he/she comes!
Qt. You must be VERY excited. He is adorable

grandlinegirl

I am!!

I hope I can get the temps right. Right now my basking spot is at 100F. I'm going to have to get a light stand for it so I can get it a little further away.