Photos of your Russian Tortoises

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
There's no pictures :-(
:D
Here you go. Do they show up now?
(click on the little thingies at the bottom, I didn't actually attach them IN the thread so it wouldn't take up as much room!)

Attachments

• s.PNG
    s.PNG
    448.6 KB · Views: 22
  • s.PNG
    s.PNG
    448.6 KB · Views: 22
  • b.PNG
    b.PNG
    453.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    481.5 KB · Views: 22

Mavrik

@MoonRX -- that photo was taken Oatmeal's first day home, so she was feeling quite a bit shy then. Took her about a week or so to fully "come out of her shell" haha. But once she did, what a personality she has! Her best friend is my 6mo kitten Neo -- I think Oatmeal just likes the extra heat, and Neo likes the extra heat from the heatlamp in the tortoise table.

maddylyn

Huntington, NY
IMG_1615.jpg IMG_1615.jpg
This is Shelly...she's my ten year old daughter's pet, but she's really my friend. I just love her. She is so cute. This picture doesnt even do her justice...I wish she would let me pet her head more but she's a little skidish sometimes, so I only pet her once in a while, but i really do adore her!

maddylyn

Huntington, NY
Just one more....she loves her rock....sometimes she goes over it, sometimes she burrows under it....Ahhh the simple things

Attachments

• IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
An old one of one of mine outside in their enclosure on a hot summer day. I like this picture not because it shows him all dried out looking :(, but rather because of the bottom of that little foot showing. :)

Cherepakha

Portugal
Here's my three rusketeers:
Slookie (with the open mouth)
Gandalf (the grey one at the bottom)
Leia (the more brown one)

Attachments

• 20150214_093234.jpg
    20150214_093234.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20150214_093234.jpg
    20150214_093234.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 21

Cherepakha

Portugal
View attachment 116366 View attachment 116366
This is Shelly...she's my ten year old daughter's pet, but she's really my friend. I just love her. She is so cute. This picture doesnt even do her justice...I wish she would let me pet her head more but she's a little skidish sometimes, so I only pet her once in a while, but i really do adore her!
Hi Maddylyn!
Mine were all skiddish. but interacting with them almost every day makes them more open. Slookie got here first and she now loves it when we rub her head (she litterally lifts her head!) and she doesn't hide in her shell anymore. Gandalf and Leia are hiding much less in their shell now. I rub their feet a little when they bathe, let them walk off my hand, to let them know that hand won't hurt them, lift them up and put them in the sun (sometimes they don't realise it's shining ) and pet them briefly a few times a day, for them to get to know me. Sometimes they walk about the living room. Maybe this'll help with your little one to make him less skiddish!

Ida K

I got Ollie on April 12, 2014. 7 months later we bought a little Hermann's, but she doesn't belong in this thread. ;)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
What a nice bunch looking Russian tortoises here! ! !