10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
y2.jpg

y3.jpg

y4.jpg

y1.jpg

My little boy Yoda ... He's a little a-typical in the shell, but he's my little love bug ...

I was also curious about Greek personalities ... I heard that they're a little more shy that other torts ... Can anyone elaborate?

Last edited by a moderator:

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Huntington Beach, CA
Very cool. He looks like the guy I adpoted from the animal shelter. It looks like a male. he has an extra scute, cool.
I'm a sucker for irregular tortoises. I have two irregular marginated torts.
I own 8 greeks. yes, they tend to be shy but they also get used to YOUR interaction with them. After a while, they seem to not mind people too much. They are great tortoises, enjoy your guy he is awsome.
He may be Testudo Graeca Anatakanesis. But I'm not sure.

Eric

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Hi,
Yoda looks like either a Jordanian greek or a Jordanian/Antakyan cross. Hard to tell for sure with the split scutes.
None of my Greeks are shy. I find them really out going once they are settled in.

Danny

VBgecko

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
egyptiandan said:
Hi,
Yoda looks like either a Jordanian greek or a Jordanian/Antakyan cross. Hard to tell for sure with the split scutes.
None of my Greeks are shy. I find them really out going once they are settled in.

Danny

Hey thanks!

Yeah, I've had him for two weeks now, and he seems comfortable with me watching him like a stalker ... But he will shy away if someone else enters the room ... He has quite the apparent personality already ... Yoda looks like a dog when he basks ... He sprawls all four legs out and then he'll extend his head out fully and rest it on one of his front legs ... lol

agiletorts

10 Year Member!
San Jose, CA
My three greeks are not shy at all. My leopards are, relatively speaking. I let my tortoises outside in my backyard from mid Spring to Mid Fall, and my greeks will always be the ones who come and approach me from the moment they see me walking outside the door. They tend to follow me everywhere I go, must be begging for food.

If I stop but don't give them food, they will gently bite my foot or sandal. But it doesn't hurt at all :cool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.