Phoenix Keeps Flipping Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

byerssusan

ascott said:
trix? you mean the froot loop looking pebble thingies....?

These..It's actually recal Tortoise food which I am in the process of switching her to a more normal diet. It's done her good so far though. I loved watching her today goingfor for a marigold.. I think she will be easier to switch than what I am thinking..Anway her she is digging in
102_4718.jpg

ascott said:
Yes a place to soak/drink from would be good (just make sure not too deep :D) and a daily soak is always good.....how do you keep her indoor enclosure (humidity wise?)

The humidity stays between 60 to 80 %..Her enclosure is open though. I mist her often..and keep the substrate moist. not wet..just moist enough. Since I have been taking her out though I went from every other day soaks to everyday soaks. Hope I am doing it right

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
sounds as though you are dong just fine :D and I agree with you working on adjusting her diet to include a bigger variety of foods, feeding one specific item is not desirable as a long her health goal....good job and you would be surprised on how not difficult it is to adjust a diet...sometimes patience is required but once over the stubborn streak all usually goes smoothly :p Good job.

B

byerssusan

RE: Phoenix Keeps Flipping Over/Caught in action

Well I videoed Phoenix and found out what the problem is. So..I highered the sides as you can see in the first pics..added some rocks thinking that might defer her from wanting out right there. Well that didn't work either. After seeing her flip again. I removed all rocks so now there is just a plant there. So if after removing everything and higher walls and she still continues this what am I suppose to do?

This is how I tried to fix it
102_4741.jpg

This is how high the wall is
102_4742.jpg

And this is her little climbing trick

Hope video works like regular pics with the img code

SteveP

5 Year Member
Royal Palm Beach, FL
I love the laugh at the end if the video. This little tort has a lot of energy. Maybe try a hamster wheel to burn off some steam...

I am kidding about the hamster wheel.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Wow this little guy WANTS OUTTA THERE!!!! Don't know what to tell you.

B

byerssusan

SteveP said:
I love the laugh at the end if the video. This little tort has a lot of energy. Maybe try a hamster wheel to burn off some steam...

I am kidding about the hamster wheel.

Well LOL the laugh came from my fiancee..he was inside watching family guy.So his laugh sort of came at the very instant that Phoenix flipped haha.. Yeah she is like that most of the day when she is outside. And NO I havent been giving her the jimsen weed I found either LOL..Gotta love her

Well I have removed all rocks from that corner so..so far she hasnt flipped. Lets see if that did the trick..She is full of energy

Status
Not open for further replies.