Philosophy question

Status
Not open for further replies.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Oh boy what a surprise :p

What has been the most profound realisation you have ever had about life in general?

Feel free to post whatever you like/as much as you like if you feel it is related to the theme. IMO there are three truths in life that I had to learn before I became a grownup.

Mother Nature is capricious- Get over the whiny "why me" attitude. Why not you?

There is no justice in this world- Often the biggest dogs are rewarded with the juciest bones. Get over that, too.

There is a third truth, which, at this moment, eludes me. So I have a fourth. As you get older, your mind and body is not going to work as well as it did when you were a teenager. Be grateful for what you have, work to maximize, and stop bellyaching! :D

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
richalisoviejo said:
Oh boy what asurprise :p

What has been the most profound realisation you have ever had about life in general?

Feel free to post whatever you like/as much as you like if you feel it is related to the theme. IMO there are three truths in life that I had to learn before I became a grownup.

Mother Nature is capricious- Get over the whiny "why me" attitude. Why not you?

There is no justice in this world- Often the biggest dogs are rewarded with the juciest bones. Get over that, too.

There is a third truth, which, at this moment, eludes me. So I have a fourth. As you get older, your mind and body is not going to work as well as it did when you were a teenager. Be grateful for what you have, work to maximize, and stop bellyaching! :D

Rich, about the body thing you're still too young to go on that, but I'm sure you'll have some comments on here from others who are not. Just wondering about #3....could it have anything to do with women?

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Candy said:
Rich, about the body thing you're still too young to go on that, but I'm sure you'll have some comments on here from others who are not. Just wondering about #3....could it have anything to do with women?

That did enter my mind, number 3 but wasn’t sure to answer it or not but I do have a date with a nurse tomorrow night. :shy:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
richalisoviejo said:
Candy said:

That did enter my mind, number 3 but wasn’t sure to answer it or not but I do have a date with a nurse tomorrow night. :shy:

I think I feel his temperature rising. :p Maybe she will give you a shot of whatever your needing. :rolleyes: Have fun.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hmm, that is a hard one Rich.
I would say that for me, the profound realisation I had was that everything is not perfect! When I was young, I thought everyone was nice, everyone was happy, every animals were happy and well taken care of, everyone was healty....
Too bad I do not believe that anymore, it was so much more beautiful to think like a kid thank a grown up.
I am not a negative person, it is just that now I see with my grown up eyes.

ZippyButter

10 Year Member!
Texas/Cal.
This is from the Dalai Lama, I just want to share what I've read and not here to offend or hurt anyone's feeling.

*Take into account that great love and great achievements involve
great risk.

*When you loose, don't loose the lesson.........

*Follow the three R's:
Respect for Self,
Respect for Others and
Responsibility for all your Actions.

*Remember that not getting
what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

*Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.

*Don't let a little dispute injure a great relationship.

*Whenyou realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps
to correct it.

*Spend some time alone everyday.

*Open your arms to change, but don't give up your values.

*Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.

*Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think
back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.

*A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.

*In disagreement with loves one, deal only with the current
situation. Don't bring up the past.

*Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

*Be gentle with the Earth.

*Once a year, go some place you've never been before.

*Remember the best relationship is one in which your love for each
other exceeds your need for each other.

*Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

*Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.

Minh

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I dont think anyone would be offended by that, but I can only speak for myself good words to try and live by, especially for us agnostics. :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
That was a wonderful post Minh....loved it.

I have learned in life that what ever happens...good or bad...if it doesn't kill you, it will really make you stronger. Get rid of everything in your life that doesn't make you happy, isn't useful, beautiful, or joyful, in your eyes.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I loved that Minh. Thanks for posting it. That would be good to have at work.

ZippyButter

10 Year Member!
Texas/Cal.
Thank you dmmj, Isa, Terry and Candy. I'm glad you like the post. Also I appologize to Rich, it seemed like I took away his thread. I never have any intention to do that.

Minh

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
ZippyButter said:
Thank you dmmj, Isa, Terry and Candy. I'm glad you like the post. Also I appologize to Rich, it seemed like I took away his thread. I never have any intention to do that.

Minh

No need to apologize to me Minh, I loved it. Heck I don’t mind at all. If I start a thread of any kind I’m always interested in someone else point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.