Phase 1.......SO EXCITED

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
My husband and I (well mostly my husband) started to clear some land to build my tortoise enclosure. We had to cut down a few trees, get the stumps ground and remove a bunch of brush. I got my first lumber load today and we set the 4 corner posts using a transit so that everything is nice and level. The overall measurements will be 21' wide x 30' deep. This will be divided for different species. I will post in phases! I am so excited!:p My husband must really love me!
DSC07905.jpg

DSC07908.jpg

DSC07909.jpg

DSC07913.jpg

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Wow Dee thats great! And so exciting. Cant wait to see progress pics. :)

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
So cool, he must really love you!! I want to live where you do! No neigbors, all trees!!, Land

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Wow Dee, lots of work but looking good. Keep us posted. I looked at the weather forecast in Ohio and it is set to be in the 30s until about the 16th or so with lots of chances of rain. I was thinking if the weather holds in the 50s I would ship Squirt out to you perhaps about the 21, 22, or 23 of this month. If that would work for you. Or if you want me to hold her longer (due to construction) just let me know.
Robyn

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Whatever works for you is ok with me Robyn. It will be too cold to put her out for a while here yet. She will be inside probably till May sometime. I will probably be able to take them out during the day and bring them in at night until I am sure that the weather is going to hold. They are going to have so much room they won't know what to do with themselves!!

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wow! Looking good! Can't wait to see it finished. Happy happy torts!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks everyone! I love springtime and accomplishing outdoor projects. Going back outside right now!

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hey, Dee. Looks cool! You might want to think about leaving the stumps. If the sulcatas burrow near the stumps the roots might prevent collapes. Somthing Ive had problems with. So cool I cant wait to get some propertly like that.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
The stumps were chopped up a few inches below ground level. All the roots remain in the ground. Good thought about the roots helping with collapse. A friend of ours is a tree guy so he also brought me a bunch of hollow logs that I am going to clean out real good and use for hides. I can't wait to get my gang out there they are going to have a blast!

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Man I keep checking out all these cool threads! I cant wait for saturday I am going to really go at it and fix up the pens and plants some trees .

Its awesome how excited we can get over building stuff for our torties

Yertle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Gilbert AZ
I agree, I've had so much fun putting together our enclosure. I can sit and watch my little guy all day in his, even if he's sleeping in his hide. I couldn't imagine having as much room as Dee - those torts are going to have an amazing home!

Status
Not open for further replies.