Petco russian tortoise care sheet

G-stars

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
It's actually not horrible, however a couple things I saw were that they said keep humidity under 30% and use alfalfa pellets as substrates.

It was pretty vague and not specific on diet and enclosure size should be bigger than that recommended size.

Sheldon the russian tortoise

5 Year Member
It's actually not horrible, however a couple things I saw were that they said keep humidity under 30% and use alfalfa pellets as substrates.

It was pretty vague and not specific on diet and enclosure size should be bigger than that recommended size.
Yea I feel like they reccomend most stuff that is expensive and needs to be replaced often...

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Honestly, I don't purchase anything from a pet store. All from lowes or Home Depot. For a lot less than a pet store.

Sheldon the russian tortoise

5 Year Member
The only thing I get is mazuri and zoo med natural grassland food whic I don't go through much of feeding only 1-2 times a week with small quantities

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Our Petco said they will no longer have tortoises, but I see them at Petsmart everytime I go in.

DARKFIRE007

Birmingham Alabama
At least they are trying though, I have seen places not even using lighting along with feeding things like iceberg lettuce. A place that takes time to make a care sheet strikes me as a place that would listen if we contacted them and spoke up on what is incorrect or outdated. Might not be a bad idea to bring it to their attention and refer them here to these care sheets and expose them to owners who put it in practice with great results.