Petco Reptibark! Good price!

TeamZissou

Location (City and/or State)
Albuquerque, NM
I was surprised as well. I went around to every Petco in town and bought a total of five 24 qt bags. All the cashiers at three different stores were surprised it was that discounted. They guessed that Petco may not sell that size in the future, hence they were putting it on sale to get rid of stock.

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
I was surprised as well. I went around to every Petco in town and bought a total of five 24 qt bags. All the cashiers at three different stores were surprised it was that discounted. They guessed that Petco may not sell that size in the future, hence they were putting it on sale to get rid of stock.
Man! Sounds about right

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
Yup! I ordered 5 bags the other day and already got them. It finally feels like this east coast girl can finally get cheap fir bark!
So cool! But really hope they don’t stop selling that size! Who needs only 4 QTs?! Come on! They used to offer a big discount for ordering online and then picking up instore. Not sure if they do….

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
So cool! But really hope they don’t stop selling that size! Who needs only 4 QTs?! Come on! They used to offer a big discount for ordering online and then picking up instore. Not sure if they do….
Just remember that pet shops sell off stuff at certain times of the year like everyone else for dirt cheap. One closeout is this time of year and the next is around tax and envintory time. It's for taxes to take a loss. We gain ?

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
Also check Chewy.com. They are having the same sale?.

SLB

New Mexico
I am a turtle rehabber and have had several box turtle patients that came to me with serious gastrointestinal impactions from living on and ingesting Reptibark (probably incidental to consuming food that stuck to it). One turtle had prolapsed his penis from straining and had to have a phallectomy. I never recommend the product.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
For anyone not aware, Petco will also match advertised prices. You just have to show them the advertised price on your phone when you get to the register. The aquatic turtle food I buy is $19 in the store, I get it for 5.99 by showing them Chewys price.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I am a turtle rehabber and have had several box turtle patients that came to me with serious gastrointestinal impactions from living on and ingesting Reptibark (probably incidental to consuming food that stuck to it). One turtle had prolapsed his penis from straining and had to have a phallectomy. I never recommend the product.
Glad you said this. I was holding back for fear of busting up the party. I also think that particulate substrate has its drawbacks, such as you described. But it works for some people, obviously! So, whatever.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
I would Hope Not...ReptiBark can be hard to find in bulk Pkg.

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
Is it the specific Zoo Med reptibark you don’t recommend? I do not use this for turtles.

You’re a rehabber? So you take in turtles that have been poorly cared for?