PETA & The HSUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Strange, I thought you had turtles and tortoises as well. My bad - must be thinking of someone else.

As for the idea that we can't learn from an animal that is not in it's natural environment - that is a hard one for me to understand. Biologists have been doing that for quite some time. Most of our care sheets come from experienced tort owners, not some naturalist who never owned one, but just watched them in the wild.

Most zoos we go to offer many educational programs. Sure, if you just blow through the zoo looking at all the neat animals, but don't slow down to read about them, and learn about where they are from, what they eat, issues their kind is experiencing in their native lands, and so on, then you really won't learn much.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This thread has developed a life of its own.

If we are to stick to the rules of debate, then all comments about zoos would be deleted. Its too much work for me to read them all, so I'm just going to remind everyone that the debate is supposed to be about PETA and the HSUS.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I'm done....most of these posts should have been deleted. This is a debate on PETA, not our personal lives, and the sarcasm and personal jabs and pictures of your children on a debate section, are not to be tolerated.

chadk

10 Year Member!
When the agenda of PETA threatens my personal life, inlcuding my children, my lifestyle, my hobbies, my food, my pets, and so on... I don't know how I can leave that out of the debate. I'm not here to offend or insult anyone. I'm just pointing out that there is a positive and negative side to some of these groups like PETA so others can make a more informed decision when choosing who to support...

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I don't know about the rest of you, but I've gotten some good information on the pros and cons of PETA. I loved hearing from everyone of you because that's what the world is all about and if you don't listen to the other side of the story how will anyone ever learn anything new? Thanks for all of the comments I appreciated them. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.