Pesticides

The Tortoise Tree

Location (City and/or State)
Venus
We have pesticides on are long that last 6 months, but we cut our grass very frequently. how long do I have to wait before letting my tortoise graze on it? (about)

EllyMae

Shellman, GA
It depends on what was used, and what active ingrediaents, the rate, and possibly if it was applied as a tank mix.
Was it an insecticide, herbicide, nemadicide, rodenticide...?
Which specific one?
Look at the label for safety info, and the REI. Thats the re-entry interval. The longer it says you have to wait before re-entering the area, the more possibly toxic it is. Also, it might have an section about Feedback interval. For example, if this pesticide is to be sprayed on a pasture, it will say how long until you may put livestock back on it. The label might also include info about how long, after an animal grazes on that pasture before the animal can be slaughtered.
The longer these re-entries are, the longer you will need to wait.

The Tortoise Tree

Venus
I'm
It depends on what was used, and what active ingrediaents, the rate, and possibly if it was applied as a tank mix.
Was it an insecticide, herbicide, nemadicide, rodenticide...?
Which specific one?
Look at the label for safety info, and the REI. Thats the re-entry interval. The longer it says you have to wait before re-entering the area, the more possibly toxic it is. Also, it might have an section about Feedback interval. For example, if this pesticide is to be sprayed on a pasture, it will say how long until you may put livestock back on it. The label might also include info about how long, after an animal grazes on that pasture before the animal can be slaughtered.
The longer these re-entries are, the longer you will need to wait.
Thank you