Persistant Redfoot

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Most of you all have read my exploits after obtaining Houdini the Jerk about month and a half ago. He has literally spent every waking moment trying to escape and ending upside down. Without exagerating he has been on his back no less than 5 times a day, often more. I have spent enuf time running to the back, up and down the damn stairs so much I have lost 10 lbs since he's arrived.
100_7712.JPG
I admit he is cute. But horrible...
100_7731.JPG
Just horrible on a daily basis. I kid you not, this guy hates me and is freakin miserable here. Plus he makes me work too hard. My pens are set up for Sulcata, not a fruit and dead fish eating tortoise. It is freakin wrong to feed fruit to a tortoise.
100_7815.JPG
So his exploits have me hopping and actually are fairly funny...now he is serious. I live in a rural area and have rats and other rodents and wildlife. Rats, rather than jump over the Sulcata 4 ft fence they go under and have chewed away the bottom of the fence enuf so they can squeeze under. Houdini the Jerk discovered that today just to complicate my life more...this is what I saw a bit ago...
100_8149.JPG
oh my
maybe I should just give up and let him run away...lol
100_8150.JPG
and now you see why I call him Houdini the Jerk...
too be continued
100_7879.JPG

Attachments

• 100_8148.JPG
    100_8148.JPG
    793.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Lmao??
He reminds me of my Bull Terrier.
P**s you off but at the same time laughing your arse off at the antics.
He's just keeping you young and on your toes?

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Most of you all have read my exploits after obtaining Houdini the Jerk about month and a half ago. He has literally spent every waking moment trying to escape and ending upside down. Without exagerating he has been on his back no less than 5 times a day, often more. I have spent enuf time running to the back, up and down the damn stairs so much I have lost 10 lbs since he's arrived.
View attachment 328680
I admit he is cute. But horrible...
View attachment 328681
Just horrible on a daily basis. I kid you not, this guy hates me and is freakin miserable here. Plus he makes me work too hard. My pens are set up for Sulcata, not a fruit and dead fish eating tortoise. It is freakin wrong to feed fruit to a tortoise.
View attachment 328683
So his exploits have me hopping and actually are fairly funny...now he is serious. I live in a rural area and have rats and other rodents and wildlife. Rats, rather than jump over the Sulcata 4 ft fence they go under and have chewed away the bottom of the fence enuf so they can squeeze under. Houdini the Jerk discovered that today just to complicate my life more...this is what I saw a bit ago...
View attachment 328691
oh my
maybe I should just give up and let him run away...lol
View attachment 328693
and now you see why I call him Houdini the Jerk...
too be continued
View attachment 328696
He sounds like a perfect mate for my Alpha female that wants to eat me.