People can be so mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
This poor tort was found in the middle of the street last week, I picked her up today, Poor thing I don't know what she has been eating, but she smells.

r11d.jpg

r11a.jpg

r11c.jpg

r11b.jpg

The tail shot is kinda bad, but I figured I would include it.

r11.jpg

She is 6 & 1/4" long and weighs approx 998 grams but she was sending the scale crazy, she didn't want to sit still :)

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
What city was she found in? Still very cold in the northern states. Will you keep her?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Poor girl hasn't had the best life :( I'm glad you've got her now Jen. :)

Danny

shelber10

10 Year Member!
long island NY
will you keep her and maybe somebody did not release it and it escaped from a back yard

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Jen, Glad you have her. I am sure you will whip her in shape! Poor girl hasn't had it easy.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
She was found a few weeks ago, the lady I got her from is a vet tech and a neighbor brought her to the vet tech. They posted signs called both herp societies, humane society, and animal control. No one claimed her and no signs were posted for a lost tort. I will keep her, get her better and after she is healthy I will put her outside with the other russians.
I gave the lady a caresheet when she first emailed me a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure what shes been feeding her, but her stool has one word Yuck!! It smells so awful, worst then the dogs. It was loose, I think she had to much fruit and corn. No worries she won't get anymore of that here.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
She's got the cutest little face. Congratulations on your new addition she will be better off with you and it looks like you can give her some friends to play with too. :p Candy

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
After a good warm soak and a gentle scrubbing with a soft bristle brush, check her over real good for shell rot. I know you said it was the poop that smelled, but sometimes shell rot smells too.

Yvonne

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Poor little tort :(
I am glad she crossed your path Jen, now she is going to be happy and taking care of :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Some are mean and some just don't know better. Whatever the reason for her shell trouble, atleast things should be looking up for her living with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.