Penpals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I didn't think anybody still sent letters by mail any more. When I was young I had several penpals. With age, we lost track of each other. Now I only have online friends, rather then penpals.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Tortuga_terrestre said:
Whats a penpal? Someone in jail?

HAHA I guess it could be, but i think martys parents might be a little concerned if their 16 year old daughter was writing to inmates.

A penpal is just some one you write to, usually someone far away, possibly to learn new things about another culture or just connect with someone far away.

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
jeffbens0n said:
Tortuga_terrestre said:
Whats a penpal? Someone in jail?

HAHA I guess it could be, but i think martys parents might be a little concerned if their 16 year old daughter was writing to inmates.

A penpal is just some one you write to, usually someone far away, possibly to learn new things about another culture or just connect with someone far away.

lol...thats what it sounds like... Careful who you talk to online marty. This forum conversations are viewed by everyone and we have moderators..so your safe here.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I have Facebook friends... is that a Keypad pal? Ive never met them.. but 'know' them on line...
but you do have to be careful.. especially getting into modeling like you are.. posting lots of pics of yourself.. may attract
the wrong type of friend.. and be careful of writing to PO boxes.... prison has a lot of lonely people....

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I had pen pals when I was younger. One from Australia and one from England...can't remember if there were more. I found them through an online pen pal site :p It was probably sketchy at the time, plus my parents had no idea :rolleyes:
It was fun though!

eta: Nice to see you posting again :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
When I was a youngin I had a few one from germany and one from thailand, of course with the net pen pals sort of dried up.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am glad your pen pals are from a secure place. Have your parents thought about taking in aa exchange student? That might be a fun experience for you. My husband had one when he was in school and was invited to spend a summer with the family in Spain. He went and loved it. We have a family at our church that has a girl from Germany living with them.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am glad your pen pals are from a secure place. Have your parents thought about taking in aa exchange student? That might be a fun experience for you. My husband had one when he was in school and was invited to spend a summer with the family in Spain. He went and loved it. We have a family at our church that has a girl from Germany living with them.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Same here :)My daughter just did one with the girl scouts I didnt know they had penpals any more :D

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
My Kindergarten class just did post card penpals with about 46 states. It has been alot of fun. Alot of work, but alot of fun!!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Aww Mary Anne, you're a kindergarten teacher? I student taught in a kindergarten classroom last year and I'm currently looking for a teaching position :)
(sorry for the hi-jack :p)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
FernandoM said:
I have 400 "Friends" on facebook...can i count those?

Only if you write to all of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.