Pee Wee

Pee Wee

Location (City and/or State)
Tucson
Pee Wee , drank some water and afterward sneezed or something and had a runny nose. It was a thick discharge. Does this mean that she has an upper respiratory infection? Should she she a vet? Pee Wee drink water from my drippers.

Thanks,
Cathy

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Pee Wee , drank some water and afterward sneezed or something and had a runny nose. It was a thick discharge. Does this mean that she has an upper respiratory infection? Should she she a vet? Pee Wee drink water from my drippers.

Thanks,
Cathy
What species and size? What are your four temperatures? Warm side, cool side, basking area, and overnight low? What equipment are you using to maintain these temps?

Can we get a pic of the enclosure?

Happy to help, but we need more info.

Pee Wee

Tucson
Pee Wee is a Desert Tortoise - warm side 70-80 cool side 48-60 -night temps, basking about 80. Since Peewee is a Desert Tortoise in Tucson, she lives outside most of the year, but a couple of the nights were chilly to about 48 degrees .
Only once did I hear her sneeze after she drank water from the dippers, but it looked like she had a discharge, should I wait for other signs or rush her into the vet? She seems perfectly fine except for this one time.

Attachments

• enclosuer.PNG
    enclosuer.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • pee we.PNG
    pee we.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 7