Pearly's cherryhead marbling story

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
IMG_4516.jpg ok Craig, here is the more recent ones. IMG_4517.jpg those are around december’17/january’18. IMG_4414.jpg the last one was taken just couple of days ago. I’ll take more pics tonight or tomorrow nite at bathtime. So what do you want to see Craig? Vertebral scutes?

manuetaaz

10 Year Member!
View attachment 234321 ok Craig, here is the more recent ones. View attachment 234322 those are around december’17/january’18. View attachment 234324 the last one was taken just couple of days ago. I’ll take more pics tonight or tomorrow nite at bathtime. So what do you want to see Craig? Vertebral scutes?
Thank you for the updated pictures! Wow, amazing transformation! Still gorgeous...and so smooth!
So I guess my little 2y old which has got marbling will not be like that for long lol

Attachments

• IMG_7577.JPG
    IMG_7577.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 28

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
And Craig to address your point more directly: YES!!! All the existing WHITE has faded away, it’s been almost as if you spilled dark ink and it bleeds/gets soaked up by the bottom layers of the paper (silly. analogy but I’m not sure how else to express this phenomenon) this is why I had started taking those extreme closeup pics of his growth lines ever since noticing that the white is getting covered by streaks of dark color. I would LOVE for someone to explain this to me, and see graphs or something:) it’s just interesting.

manuetaaz

10 Year Member!
Can I ask you how big Tucker is? I have some young ones (2y plus) which are still "growing marbling". Could marbling disappear from a certain size tather than a certain age?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
And Craig to address your point more directly: YES!!! All the existing WHITE has faded away, it’s been almost as if you spilled dark ink and it bleeds/gets soaked up by the bottom layers of the paper (silly. analogy but I’m not sure how else to express this phenomenon) this is why I had started taking those extreme closeup pics of his growth lines ever since noticing that the white is getting covered by streaks of dark color. I would LOVE for someone to explain this to me, and see graphs or something:) it’s just interesting.
Terry once told me that Brazilians seldom marble beyond the 3rd yr. I’ve observed a lot since his statement and he’s correct.
Why the change, I don’t know. I’ve heard diet or uv exposure plays a role. Personally I think it’s as the tortoises mature and harden off.
@Redfoot NERD. Look at Pearly’s Brazilian now.

manuetaaz

10 Year Member!
Terry once told me that Brazilians seldom marble beyond the 3rd yr. I’ve observed a lot since his statement and he’s correct.
Why the change, I don’t know. I’ve heard diet or uv exposure plays a role. Personally I think it’s as the tortoises mature and harden off.
@Redfoot NERD. Look at Pearly’s Brazilian now.
Could it be because of their size? I have some 3y old but they don’t grow very fast. They still have the marbling.

Attachments

• 60E69F8D-C600-4A74-A119-5D02FBDA5C7C.jpeg
    60E69F8D-C600-4A74-A119-5D02FBDA5C7C.jpeg
    816.5 KB · Views: 15
  • E7209D0D-1230-4AE8-8305-0036F9CEC0C1.jpeg
    E7209D0D-1230-4AE8-8305-0036F9CEC0C1.jpeg
    593 KB · Views: 15

manuetaaz

10 Year Member!
Hello, could we see Pearly to see how he has grown please? Did he get even darker? ❤️
How big is he now?