Pearly's cherryhead marbling story

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Wow - I have two hatchling cherryheads - now 3 & 4 months old. I am neurotic ;) with their care. Putting them in their food bowl to make sure they are eating, numerous times a day. And in their water bowl as well. I cut up their food so they don't struggle with the big pieces. I soak them a minimum of 20 minutes every morning. I get it about the worry.
From what I learned from past experience, is that the white is showing growth and will get darker over time. I've seen that before on posts in this forum and FB groups. Your tortoises are beautiful. Can't wait to read the rest of your story.

Separately mine won't touch the cuttlebone. They ignore it. I do sprinkle calcium on their food 3 or 4 times a week.
Thank you, I've seen your babies here and complimented them in your thread. Yes I still to this day chop their food, very finely! Tucker eats kinda awkward and often looks like he has to "work at it". I often see him take 2-3 bites and leave but I don't buy that! Bring his little butt back over and over untill he gets going and eats like his "sister" who is eating machine. I seriously think he wouldn't make it in a wild. He was probably one if those babies that are the statistic hatching losses. I have a thread in here on feeding, if you need adfitional ideas for your babies.

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet Home Chicago
Thank you, I've seen your babies here and complimented them in your thread. Yes I still to this day chop their food, very finely! Tucker eats kinda awkward and often looks like he has to "work at it". I often see him take 2-3 bites and leave but I don't buy that! Bring his little butt back over and over untill he gets going and eats like his "sister" who is eating machine. I seriously think he wouldn't make it in a wild. He was probably one if those babies that are the statistic hatching losses. I have a thread in here on feeding, if you need adfitional ideas for your babies.

I always need additional ideas, especially from someone who's tortoises look like so healthy as yours do. I love this forum and have learned and continue to learn, a lot. I try to follow every new redfoot thread, and do searches when I have questions. Thank you for being a great resource.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
That is a gorgeous tort with some beautiful smooth growth, that happens to also be marbled! Well done! Please take some of mine and grow them!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I always need additional ideas, especially from someone who's tortoises look like so healthy as yours do. I love this forum and have learned and continue to learn, a lot. I try to follow every new redfoot thread, and do searches when I have questions. Thank you for being a great resource.
You are very welcome. I love this forum, too. Great place to learn and make new friends