Pearl's pics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotherOfPearl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
western North Carolina
I didn't post pics on my intro below so I figured I would post them now (just got the iPhone app!)

ImageUploadedByTortForum1373770280.621948.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortForum1373770305.998655.jpg

I have a really cute 30sec clip of her chowing down. Are we able to add video?

- Hayley & Pearl (the Hermann hatchling)

Last edited by a moderator:

cally

5 Year Member
Aweee soo cute- what is the yellow flower in the dish? Hibiscus ? And how do u keep the she lookn so nice :)

Cally- Russian Tort <3

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Aww... Pearl is a gem!

I upload my tort videos to Youtube and then paste the link. If there's a slicker way to do it on the app, I haven't figured it out.

ancel

5 Year Member
France
Hello,
it looks like a zucchini flower.

MotherOfPearl

5 Year Member
western North Carolina
Yep! Those pics are actually from her first time eating dandelion! :) it's her second favorite so far - right behind mustard greens :)

Oh and as for her shell - she has a very pretty shell naturally (credit to her breeder, Jay, from Turtles And Tortoises!) but I keep the humidity around 60-70% or so by keeping her Eco Earth moist and turning it as it dries, and I mist her shell directly once or twice a day with water from a tiny spray bottle that I got in the "travel size" section at Target. It comes out "misty-er" than a regular trigger-style spray bottle which seems to come out more in a stream (or at least the one I have does).

I've been reading up on Tom's "End of Pyramiding" thread, and I'm glad I found it since the Tortoise book I got claims you should keep them dry...something about that just doesn't feel right to me (even though I am a beginner).

Status
Not open for further replies.