Part of my road trip to Texass,

• Thread starter Maggie Cummings
  • Start date
M

Maggie Cummings

My cat and I were arrested leaving Texas, into New Mexico because I couldn't prove the deformed box turtles, the Sulcata, the Gopherus agassizii, I couldn't prove any of them were not Texas Tortoises, tiny deformed box turtles!!!! So my cat and I were arrested, then they tore apart my car, finding a small amount of Oregon's legal product. It took 2 hours for me to repack my car. Jerks. We were arrested for 6 hours. So that put me behind. Then I just missed the big storms, hailstones big as baseballs. I missed them by minutes. It was so darned windy, my little car kept blowing off the road. Scary, as fast as I was going to beat the storm. When I got to Deming I pulled under an overpass, and slept it out. The cat was so scared from the noise, hail, thunder, big trucks, she laid her full 28 pounds on my chest and hid her face in my hair. Poor Maks. An in house only cat and she was really afraid. So I wrapped her in a DE throw, and held her while I slept. We slept until the storm was over. A big truck came and pulled right next to my car to protect me, that was cool. Blocked all the wind and hail. Protected my car! Californians, and PNWesterners who have never left the state miss out on some fantastic storms in other states, exhilaration and fear both.

Prairie Mom

MAN! This thread is too much! Too good to be true!!!! :D :D :D

Love hearing your view on everything and everyone, Maggie! The stalker in me is desperate for you to post as many photos as possible! More! More! More!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Well the way it works down there is each route has a border check controlled by the United States department of honeland security and US customs. They check every car, truck, any body going through. It's random which car they select to inspect on the side. Obviously desert tortoises somewhat resemble similarities as Texas tortoises, which are highly protected in the region and state.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Can't forget about them damn dogs . I know I had a fun few days hanging out with Janet,Maggie, and Kelly . But I had great nights with McEvil .hahaha

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Can't forget about them damn dogs . I know I had a fun few days hanging out with Janet,Maggie, and Kelly . But I had great nights with McEvil .hahaha

I may be wrong, but I thought she meant the drug sniffing dog at the border.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I don't know wasn't with her on that .

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I may be wrong, but I thought she meant the drug sniffing dog at the border.
Those dogs can smell all sorts of things. Fantastic "personelle" as they call them. Belgian malenoise(spelling?) but yeah. Like little German shepherds that are awesome.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dogs can be amazing animals . You can't fool the dog but you can fool the handler .