Parrots of the World, Rockville Centre, NY

TortoiseRacket

Location (City and/or State)
New York
Has anyone gotten an animal from here. Tortoise information is a little outdated. Luckily, I have a good relationship with the owner, Marc Morrone, and I am allowed to give tips to customers and him. I also babysit tortoises through him. He has a website- www.parrotsoftheworld.com . Before I was born, he had a TV show on Halmark and was on Martha Stewart’s show as the “Pet Man”. Has anyone gotten any animals from him? I’ve gotten leopard geckos, Russian tortoises, and crested geckos from him and I’ve been very happy. Many reviews saying “Wild Caught birds” or “sick birds without feathers kept in hot tanks.” 1, wild caught birds are illegal in NY, and 2, those are baby birds, who cannot fly and need to be in small enclosures with heat lamps to stay healthy. All of his sulcatas are bred in the store. He supplied pet stores in Japan with birds and tortoises. Any tortoise with a split scute or gecko missing a foot from a birth defect, etc. he will offer to me for free. Has anyone gotten a tortoise from him? (Or Japan) What do you think?
-Mickey

Oh I forgot to mention
-Animals not bred in the store- (he breeds tortoises, birds, some fish, bearded dragons)- are mostly from local breeders and hobbiests.

-Mickey