Panic buying

Chiquita's Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas
Those look great, what all do you have there.? Far right, some kind of squash I see.
Thank you! Left to right is green pea (kind of tough but my dogs LOVE them), buckwheat, radish (my favorite) and the one that looks like just like squash is actually sunflower (nice texture and tastes a bit like the seeds).

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Anyone can set up a little rack system with some LED plant growing bulbs and put a few trays with seeds in there. If I didn't live in this climate, that is what I would do.

Kipley

Seattle, WA
Those of you finding your store shelves depleted, try your local Asian Markets if you have them in your area. Here in the Seattle area they are the only stores that remain well stocked because people are afraid to visit an "Asian" market. I do most of my produce shopping there just for the lower prices. Yesterday a friend tried to find just two items, carrots and a bottle of vegetable oil. She went to five grocery stores in south Seattle and they had neither. Went to one of our Asian markets and said it was nearly empty of people and fully stocked.

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina
Where I am in Texas the stores are picked clean and having to shorten their hours. Luckily, I've always kept extras by nature--dried beans and grains, canned goods, etc. (except we almost had a toilet paper emergency when we were down to the last roll and couldn't find any, and finally found ONE PACK left at the store.) I totally agree that people are watching/reading the news and panicking/stockpiling-it's insanity. But the shortage issue is very real here where I am as far as being understocked. For me, this is a lesson for the future in always being prepared and not waiting for a "situation" to have emergency supplies.
I have always kept a pantry. I keep rows of canned goods. Always have! I had just bought an 18 PK of toilet paper right as all this craziness started. I buy the lg 25 lb bag of Mazuri and puppy chow for the dogs.
Dexter is 2 yrs old and the weather has been warming up so now he is outside to forage during the day.
I had a grandma that grew up in the Great Depression and taught me how to live. My other grandma was from Appalachia and we lived off the land. Hope people learn from this

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Now that my state is on a stay-at-home order, I‘ll have plenty of time to look for weeds! By myself. :eek:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Anyone can set up a little rack system with some LED plant growing bulbs and put a few trays with seeds in there. If I didn't live in this climate, that is what I would do.
While I've been neglecting it, parrots etc have eaten up what was left of my garden and my 6 Hibiscus bushes have mites again. (But they should live.)
The cactus, however, is going strong.
There are also at least a dozen mangos that fall into my yard from my neighbors tree