pancaketorts

Mary Ann

10 Year Member!
i wouldlove toown a pancake ,however i live in a very humidhouse in ny , in winter it is above 60 and summer alwayshumid over 80 .i donot have ac ... should i choose another type of tortoise
please help
thank you
mary ann

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
The humidity should not be a problem. I was responsible for many pancakes while I worked at the Philly Zoo. They were in a basement under the lion house where they got warmed air if needed, at whatever the humidity was that time of year. The deal with Pancakes is to not get them too hot. An ambient temp over 90F (not a warm spot but ambient) they start getting restless.

Mary Ann

10 Year Member!
The humidity should not be a problem. I was responsible for many pancakes while I worked at the Philly Zoo. They were in a basement under the lion house where they got warmed air if needed, at whatever the humidity was that time of year. The deal with Pancakes is to not get them too hot. An ambient temp over 90F (not a warm spot but ambient) they start getting restless.
Thank you so much i have torts and land turtles over 30years and i only want thebest for them