Pancake surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj87

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
The other day I had a pancake nest, lay the egg and go back to bed. Then the next day the same pancake came out and laid again. This in itself is quite unusual for a pancake. But what was more unusual was that as my sister dug down and retrieved the egg she noticed another egg a bit further done which had obviously been laid a while back. She removed this one and heard a "clicking sound". Now this egg could have been there 1 days to 1 year, so she presumed that maybe she had damaged the egg and that there was a build up of gasses in the egg and that it was about to explode. She put the egg in a tub and left it out whilst it continued to make these noises. Well it didnt take long for the "explosion", but it wasn't a gas build up ......

What are the chances of digging up an egg as it was about to hatch :D there was no large yolk sac and the tortoise is perfectly formed. It was ready to hatch

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
Wow, amazing! Please share pix if the hatchling when you can. I've never seen a baby pancake.

aj87

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Here you are :D

null_zps2b88e9d9.jpg

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
Mother natures surprise to you. That's great news and congrats on hatching it. I think your sister is a tortoise whisper, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.