Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Anyone on the forum breeding pancakes? Or know of a good breeder. Is there a good website for learning the specifics on these. My google search is turning up stuff from the early nineties that I've already read... in the early nineties. My friend used to keep a few, years ago, but I never kept my own other than caring for them in the pet stores where I worked. Does the new info about humid substrate and humidity apply to these too? Their diet seems like it ought to be similar to a sulcata or leopard.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Tim/Robin had 3 or 4 babies last season. I'm betting they will have more again this year. Danny dabbles as well I believe. :)

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
We have a 1.2 trio that is producing rather well for us. Last year each female produced 4 eggs, one at a time. This year each has laid 2 and are incubating at this time. They are fascinating tortoises. They are very good climbers. They tend to hide a lot and in the winter months only come out every couple of days to eat. If interested, PM us your email and we can email you a care sheet that we put together. We keep them on aspen, like many of our other tortoises. We don't have anyhing specific for humidity. They do get soaked weekly and have water available several other days of the week. This time of year they do have a soil/sand nesting box that we keep moist. I hope this helps. We also have a juvenile female that is around 5" SCL.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Yes I dabble a bit :p My female just laid her 3rd egg this morning :D. They will benefit from a humid hide. I keep mine the same as Tim & Robin do. Mine won't eat much in the way of grass and I feed mine the same as my Testudo.

Danny

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
spikethebest said:
there were a TON of pancakes at the Pomona show in January. Did you see those?

Yes, but I wasn't ready then and I'm still not ready yet. I've got a lot more to learn first. The ones at the show are part of what got me so interested again.

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
There were lots at the show.
Roachie, is that how you found this forum? I thinking I might have met you, I was with Cory.
Will you be attending the San Diego show?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
dreadyA said:
There were lots at the show.
Roachie, is that how you found this forum? I thinking I might have met you, I was with Cory.
Will you be attending the San Diego show?

Yes, that is where I found the forum. I didn't meet Cory. The only person I talked to was a pretty girl. She was kind of tall. Dark Hair. She was over near Littlefoot when I went by.

When is the San Diego Show?

Status
Not open for further replies.