Painting nails in the same room as my tortoise

Emijenks

Location (City and/or State)
East Yorkshire
Hi, I've recently gotten myself a baby Hermann's tortoise (I love him so much already) and I know this is such a trivial question but I'm wondering if it's safe to paint my nails in the same room as him. I'm worried that because he's a baby the fumes may be harmful but I'm in a small place and there isn't really anywhere else I can take him or for me to be far enough away for it not to smell still.
(I'm just clarifying now I am absolutely NOT painting him) I just wanted to know if it's okay.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Reptiles are not as susceptible to fumes as birds are, but still best to avoid it as much as possible. Paint your nails in a different room. A bathroom with a vent fan would be good. Or outside, weather permitting.

Emijenks

East Yorkshire
Reptiles are not as susceptible to fumes as birds are, but still best to avoid it as much as possible. Paint your nails in a different room. A bathroom with a vent fan would be good. Or outside, weather permitting.
Yeah ahaha many apologies I realised I was being silly and could paint them in the bathroom and couldn't work out how to delete my post.