painted wood turtles

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
cumbria england
could any one give me any info or point me in the direction of a good care sheet on painted wood turtles? i really want one but need way more info before i decide if its a good idea and try and talk the mrs round to the idea of me NEEDING another pet. terrestrial turtles are quite hard to find in the uk especially cb ones.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
cumbria england
thanks. i'll read threw the info. i learned they are also called ornate wood turtles. the tortoise trust in the info i found i'll read the others . i managed to find some cb yearlings just need to talk the wife round she's having none of it atm lol. thanks again

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
I found some baby CB too that I am dieing to get but will wait. I have my vivarium plans and my turtle garden plans. Everything I have researched states they do well in the eastern box turtle & wood turtle climate which is my climate. They of course do not hibernate so will need a nice indoor vivarium too during the cold weather. Here is a link of some babies. I would love to see others set ups.
I even have a name picked out but I will control myself lol. Does your wife like plants? Maybe she would enjoy designing the vivarium. My daughter has no interest in any of the torts & turtles except my RES but she loves working with plants so she is planning on helping me with my dream turtle garden.