Paging Juvenile Cherryhead Sexing Experts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
I was wondering if anyone could confidently predict the sexes on these 2 torts? The first is about 5 1/4" SCL and the 2nd is about 4 3/4" SCL.

0815131534d.jpg

0815131532.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Beck

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lakeland/Central FL
They usually all look female until they are large enough to sex. But maybe someone will venture to guess.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TortForum mobile app

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
Not a chance :p... Sorry Bryan, you'll have to wait!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Ok I will get my feet wet ............
#1 = Female
#2= Male....(but im 60/40 on this one )

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Beck said:
They usually all look female until they are large enough to sex. But maybe someone will venture to guess.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TortForum mobile app

Thanks, I was hoping to get some of the more experienced breeders/keepers to chime in since they've seen more animals over the years than someone like I have and likely would have a better guess than mine.

Redstrike said:
Not a chance :p... Sorry Bryan, you'll have to wait!

Not even a coin flip? Damn! :( :D

N2TORTS said:
Ok I will get my feet wet ............
#1 = Female
#2= Male....(but im 60/40 on this one )

Thanks JD, I'm hoping that #2 ends up being a girl and I'll take that 40% chance over it being a boy for sure at this point!

Bryan

10 Year Member!
I figured that I'd bump this thread since it's about ready to fall off the first page. I'd love to hear more opinions!

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Bryan,

I'm with Chris, it is too soon. Frustrating for sure, but they are looking female with longer tails that may continue growing until you have a little boy. Sorry.

Allegra

Bryan

10 Year Member!
allegraf said:
Bryan,

I'm with Chris, it is too soon. Frustrating for sure, but they are looking female with longer tails that may continue growing until you have a little boy. Sorry.

Allegra

Thanks a lot Allegra, I know that some people with a wealth of experience are more comfortable taking guesses than newer keepers like myself are but both have some growing to do before it's 100% one way of another. So far I've heard from a number of people that I respect and they are all pretty much saying the same thing. I am really hoping that it's a couple of girls but if it's 1:1 that'd still beat 2:0!

Status
Not open for further replies.