Pages of a thread GONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
I think before anyone is allowed to sling mud at moderators, they should try being one just for a day or two. Let's see how long you hold up trying to make everyone happy but knowing that someone is going to be hurt either way.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
My biggest issue with how Tim's threads were handled was that, throughout the whole thing, the two active mods kept deleting and deleting and asking for people to stop arguing and such. My problem was, there was ONE thing Tim asked for. For the old information to be restored, so the warning could be seen, and prevent the possible tragedy. It would have taken ONE little thing and NONE OF THIS would have happened. But no. Instead, we complained about the arguing, told people to stop, when there was one ridiculously simple solution right there....Why didn't they take it? Thats what I can't understand.
There was a simple solution. It wasn't taken. I simply CAN'T UNDERSTAND why.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Peter just to be clear, I may agree with evolution, but that does not mean I agree with all that was said in the thread. (Just as with Tim's posts, I agre with most of what was said, but HOW it was said was the issue). I will openly admit, I did not read every post made every day in the evolution thread. There are just too many posts and a limited time to do it all. When I did read it, I was hovering about what if any action I should do. It always in my mind just feel a little short of crossing the lines in what is allowed in a debate type thread. Plus I did deep down feel you could give your side without crossing the religious line. To me the religion line is crossed when somebody starts sounding like they are "preaching" like the one post that was deleted. You can talk about religion without going to that point I think. Instead it seems folks took the easier way out and chose to complain about not being able to give their side (the religion one). Finally I decided because nobody was taking that route, it was best to close the thread and stop the problems. Of course some folks will always have to keep beating the dead horse into the ground long after it has died and even take the body to new locations to beat on.

When all is said and done in here, the Mods have the final voice and vote on what is allowed or not based on how WE read or feel something is coming across. (Josh has the the last last voice, but he normally happens to agree with our actions). No site and no group of Mods are perfect and we don't claim to be. We talk a lot between us on what to do and how to do it. We don't take deleting things lightly either. In the end we do what we think is best for the entire forum, not just one person, one thread, or one of us.

One thing I have learned about doing something the fast and easy way, just to get something done, is that it is normally a cheap fix that will in the end cause you more problems and heartaches to fix right. I much prefer to try to take the time and do the fixing right the first time.

Now knowing you Peter, you will come back and argue what I have just written, fine that is your right. I however do not plan to keep beating the dead horse any more. I have stated my thoughts and am letting it go at that.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Your right, I will, because you completely missed the point.
Rule 7 of the forum guidelines:
Refrain from posting about religious, political, and other controversial topics un-related to tortoises. These discussions tend to be divisive and detrimental to the community. We reserve the right to remove any offending thread and/or discussion(s).

I completely agree, that "too religious" post broke the rules. But, how is it that the "preaching" or religious discussion is breaking the rule, when they very SUBJECT of that thread was breaking the rules? So, one was allowed which you agreed with, and the other was not allowed which you DISAGREED with, yet they both broke the same rule.
Sorry, I don't understand how that works.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Since you think we are being lax on following rules, I guess I need to make sure to do a better job of it. So starting now...

5. Taunting, berating, or antagonizing moderators and/or staff will not be tolerated. Issues with our 100% volunteer staff can be directed to [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.