Pages of a thread GONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Why would pages of a thread simply vanish? If the thread had gone off topic, why not split it. I see split topics all the time. How very frustrating!!! Someone please explain!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
A mod will delete post or threads if things get out of hand. A mod or Josh is the only one that can do this. If that is what happened, they usually will explain.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
It is a shame that in a forum, shared information can be deleted I can understand if it is inappropriate. Some one has too much power!!! Another strike against TFO.

Weldd

10 Year Member!
Which post Tim?

It's because you bad man me thinks.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It may be a thread that is now being talked over by the Mods and Josh. One which the OP has requested us to delete.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Weldd said:
Which post Tim?

It's because you bad man me thinks.

That must be it!! Me bad man!!! :D

Jacqui said:
It may be a thread that is now being talked over by the Mods and Josh. One which the OP has requested us to delete.

The thread contained honest true information. It was done with the best interest of a very dangered species in mind. At the very least, it should have been split!!! Very frustrating!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It was also a thread that was full of cuss words and attacks on the OP. If you all could have kept it civil, the thread probably would not have been moved.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
emysemys said:
It was also a thread that was full of cuss words and attacks on the OP. If you all could have kept it civil, the thread probably would not have been moved.

Every ONE of the cuss words came from the OP!!! There were NO attacks on the OP. Please review the thread AGAIN!!! It was a warning to other Pyxis owners.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Hmm, I either read over the 'cussing' or completely missed the thread?

Could you all please just re-post the 'vital' part of the information without regard to the OP, cussing etc.?

Of coarse I don't fully know what I'm asking as I seemed to have missed it, but if there is indeed vital information, well wouldn't that be worth the effort?

I'll help if it is library type resources needed. I have a huge library, just getting it organized again for the first time in over 7 years, so a directed task would be welcome.

Will

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Jacqui said:

I understand being able to request a thread being closed after it has run it's course/gotten off track - but being able to request deletion is a bit much. For the same reason that editing a post is limited to 30 min.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
I think if you start a thread with the intention of sharing pictures of your tortoises and then someone else comes along and uses the thread to publically discredit you based on information not seen in the OP's pictures (whether or not the OP deserves it), then the OP should have a right to request the thread to be deleted or at least have the off-topic posts deleted.

Now, if someone is unhappy with another member's husbandry methods, then that person should go into the debate section (not the pictures section), and debate the husbandry practice. If the person wants to warn others about someone else's underhanded business dealings, then open a new thread to "review" the dealer.

I appreciate being warned about underhanded or shady dealers. Its important information. However, I also feel that posting the "warning" on a thread in the pictures & videos section is the wrong way to go about it.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
jaizei said:
I understand being able to request a thread being closed after it has run it's course/gotten off track - but being able to request deletion is a bit much. For the same reason that editing a post is limited to 30 min.

I agree completely. Just because you start a thread should NOT give you single ownership of all the content. Closing is one thing, but completely making it disappear makes no sense!!! Good information is lost, information that could be beneficial to our animals!

Will said:
Hmm, I either read over the 'cussing' or completely missed the thread?

Could you all please just re-post the 'vital' part of the information without regard to the OP, cussing etc.?

Of coarse I don't fully know what I'm asking as I seemed to have missed it, but if there is indeed vital information, well wouldn't that be worth the effort?

I'll help if it is library type resources needed. I have a huge library, just getting it organized again for the first time in over 7 years, so a directed task would be welcome.

Will

It contained information that you, owning Pyxis would want and should know!!! It is a shame the thread has disappeared again!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We must all bear in mind that the Forum has rules...rules that make it an enjoyable place for ALL of us to be here. One of the basic rules of the Forum was broken in this other thread:

1. Do not post anything blatantly rude and/or insulting.

If you have an important message to get across, then being rude to the OP was NOT the way to do it. MCTLong was correct in her assessment of the situation. And it was obvious by the OP's remarks that he felt he was being attacked. We cannot allow this regardless of the subject matter.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
emysemys said:
We must all bear in mind that the Forum has rules...rules that make it an enjoyable place for ALL of us to be here. One of the basic rules of the Forum was broken in this other thread:

1. Do not post anything blatantly rude and/or insulting.

If you have an important message to get across, then being rude to the OP was NOT the way to do it. MCTLong was correct in her assessment of the situation. And it was obvious by the OP's remarks that he felt he was being attacked. We cannot allow this regardless of the subject matter.

I didn't see the thread. However, if there is a lot of important info that was in the thread, couldn't that part be separated from the rest and reposted? Just wondering. Seems some of the info was pretty important and would be a shame to have it lost.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
wellington said:
I didn't see the thread. However, if there is a lot of important info that was in the thread, couldn't that part be separated from the rest and reposted? Just wondering. Seems some of the info was pretty important and would be a shame to have it lost.

Barb, most of this "important" information was bashing how a member may (or may not) be keeping his tortoises. To be more exact how he may be (or may not be) keeping different species together in one enclosure.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Jacqui said:
wellington said:

Barb, most of this "important" information was bashing how a member may (or may not) be keeping his tortoises. To be more exact how he may be (or may not be) keeping different species together in one enclosure.

I see. Thanks for explaining.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
I cannot predict how "the OP is going to feel"!!!! Everything in that thread was 100% truth!!!! The OP came out slinging and swearing his second post!!! Clearly defensive and guilty!!! If for no other reason that post should stand to show his character!!!!! I guess we all need to predict how potential readers are going to "feel" before posting!! An impossible task!!!! Again, an explanation was given why I posted there instead of starting a separate thread.

Jacqui said:

Jacqui, this is a complete LIE!!!!! At no point was there "bashing how a member may (or may not" be keeping his tortoise". This is a complete fabrication!!! That was NOT the point at all. You completely missed the point. (Hand over head, whoosh!)

wellington said:
I see. Thanks for explaining.
Unfortunately, you did not see!!! They are completely missing the point. The "important" information had nothing to do with husbandry!!

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Tim, sorry this happened to you. I definitely would agree with you in a situation like this, and it would not be the first time things had wrongly been deleted. I just hope you don't allow this to persuade you to leave the forum. You (and Frodo) would be missed!

Status
Not open for further replies.