Pablo's outdoor pen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tofuqueen

10 Year Member!
I'm so excited to finally have the walls up and the substrate down, that I just had to post pictures! :D My husband and I spent most of Labor Day (ironically!) digging up the space for Pablo's outdoor pen and stacking the cement blocks. The pen is about 6 1/2 feet by 6 1/2 feet. We burried hardware cloth along the walls to prevent him from digging out. It's not done yet... we're still working on the cover. We put some organic soil on top of the dirt that was already there and then I planted some "Russian Seed Mix". I have a 12 inch round clay plant saucer to use as a water dish, which isn't in the picture... and two or three hides will also be added. We put him in there for a short 10 minute "walk" just to see if he liked it and he seemed to really love walking around in there! Over the course of this week and next weekend, we should be able to get it finished! Even if he can't use it for that much longer, due to the cold New England weather coming in soon... at least it's ready for next Spring! The tough part of hauling cement blocks is done though! What a relief! :)

pen1.JPG
pen2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Good job, it looks really nice :D.
Pablo seems really happy in it. It is really nice that you put the enclosure in front of your window, that way you will be able to spy on him, I love spying on my Hermann :D.

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi Sonja,

My hubby and I share your tired arms from hauling retaining wall bricks this weekend too:) We're still "improving" the tort yard. Your enclosure looks great! Nice size. Have fun putting the finishing touches in:)

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
That looks great Sonja !!!! Perfect spot to plant some cool things in there for him. Im sure he'll be very happy there!

jdawn

5 Year Member
Southwest
Your 'labors' have made a great home for Pablo! ~ He looks very much like he approves! I am glad for you too that all the hauling and digging is behind you. It will be fun to see again when your plants and other details are included. Thanks for sharing, JD

tofuqueen

10 Year Member!
Thanks everyone! I'm so glad you think it's good... I spent countless hours on here looking at previous posts for ideas and suggestions! I guess it's always a work in progress! No sprouts yet from the russian seed mix... but it's only been a few days. If they don't sprout, I'll have to start plants in pots and add them later I guess. We'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.