I found a "survival guide" website for, you guessed it, surviving in the wild. One of the subsections on the website was for eatable foliage; it listed all different types of fruit, berries, leaves, fungi, and grass that are safe and not safe to eat. And the website talked about oxalates and its acid form and how it can be harmful to humans and is recognizable by a bitter taste. But the interesting part about this subsection was the paragraph discussing how to get rid of oxalates and oxalic acid by boiling the foliage for a good 5 or 10 min. I will try to find the website I am talking about. Does anyone have any more information on this; Iâ€™ll try and ask my organic professor next class period about this.