Over Our Head!

JSom70

Location (City and/or State)
Land O Lakes, FL
Good Evening,

Newbie here - who should have sought you all out before buying a Russian Tortoise for our young son... He's not as thrilled about the idea of being a 'tort-dad" as he was at the beginning, and we don't have the resources to create or maintain the type of habitat she really needs. She's a couple years old, apparently in good health (judging by the amount of kale she eats & 'processes', and her eyes & nose are clear), but she needs a better living arrangement than we can provide - where she has a little room to roam and interact with her environment.

Is there anyone local to Tampa, FL (or nearby) who would like to add her to their family? Not selling, just want her to have a more suitable place to call home.

Thank you!

(Admin - if this is not allowed, please delete - thanks!)

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
Would you be willing to ship her? (I would cover that cost obviously)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome!

That's too bad that you need to find a new home for the tortoise. We have many members in Florida and hopefully you'll find one that can provide a good home for the tortoise.

JSom70

Land O Lakes, FL
Would you be willing to ship her? (I would cover that cost obviously)
I've been thinking about this and I think I'd be OK with that, but would prefer to re-home her locally if I can. I'd like to give it a little more time, but I'll revisit your post and connect with you soon if we can't find her a home nearby. Thank You!

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I think there's a herpetological society based in the Tampa area. If not, there's one in the Orlando area. Please contact one or both, they will be able to help you.

JSom70

Land O Lakes, FL
Thank you Pastel Tortie - I appreciate it.
Turns out that a Veterinary Tech at our local Animal Services Adoption Center is a big fan, and she's just adopted "Rockie the Russian" into her family today.
Thanks again for the interest and input - our little tort should have a happy life ahead of her!

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Thank you Pastel Tortie - I appreciate it.
Turns out that a Veterinary Tech at our local Animal Services Adoption Center is a big fan, and she's just adopted "Rockie the Russian" into her family today.
Thanks again for the interest and input - our little tort should have a happy life ahead of her!
Delighted to hear! Does that mean she's a member here on the forum? Or would she like to be? :D