outside temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana Stone

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi all, out here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest our summers are fabulous, unless your a tortoise. I have had them living outside for only a month now and seems our summer is gonna be another cool one. We have had a week of wonderful 75 - 80 degree days but since then temps are in the upper 60's to 80ish during the day. On the days that are cloudy and cool they don't come out of their houses. One or two have been known to dig down and not very far either, during these days. I have gone out and put them in the heated houses because I am concerned about the cool weather. I am wondering if I should be bringing them indoors during the several days in a row that are cool and cloudy. I know they are hardy but I still worry.
Anyone have any thoughts to share?

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
I don't know about everyone else, but I left my russians out as long as it was above low 60's without a problem. They are pretty hardy in cooler temps.

oswego tort lover

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
oswego co. ny. u.s.a.
i live on glacial sand deposits here in central ny. my russians on occasion have dug in in late august and reappeared the first week of april. usually i find them before they dig in and cool them in a fridge at 40f for 5 months. either way they have done well........

Status
Not open for further replies.